Raid Shadow Legends introduces a new boss known as Hydra in the Clan Boss System! Players form a team of 6 champions to battle against the Hydra boss who has 4 heads. Each time you decapitate the head, a new one will replace it, up to a maximum of 2 heads. Hence, there are 2 heads waiting at the sideline to substitute the fallen/decapitated Hydra head! Each Hydra head possess their own unique skills that support the other Hydra heads and some are meant to deal destruction to your team. The Hydra Clan Boss resets every week and you will only given 3 Hydra Keys to battle it.
|Hydra Clan Boss Index|
Hydra Head Skills
Hydra Buffs & Debuffs
Hydra Clan Boss Overview
- Hydra is a new Clan Boss that you can access it through the Clan Boss Menu. Both the Demon Lord and Hydra will run the similar game mechanics with a twist. You will be provided 3 Hydra Keys per week and you can battle the Hyra Boss anytime to rackup as much damage as possible before the week reset. You bring 6 champions to battle against Hydra Boss. The reason why there is additional 1 champion for this boss battle is the Hydra can consume your champion and you will need to defeat it before it swallow them for good.
- The Hydra Chest Reward is based on the amount of damage dealt if it reaches a specific milestone. If your Clan is able to completely deplete Hydra’s HP, every clan member gains double the reward. The reward quality will depend on the Hydra Boss difficulty. In addition, you gain Fragment Rewards to gain a Legendary Champion “Mithrala Lifebane“
- The Hydra Clan Boss system introduces “Free Regroup” button, which allows you to test out your team combination. Any damage dealt will not be counted and you will keep your Hydra key as well as your Champions will not be locked after using them.
- During the Hydra Boss battle, you will encounter a combination of 4 different Hydra Heads with 2 remaining on the sidelines. Upon chopping one of the Hydra heads, one of the two you will substitute the severed Hydra Head. You will need to adjust your team based on the Head you are facing. The Hydra Head combination will be reshuffled every month as well as their affinities.
- When you deplete the Hydra’s head, it will be decapitated and remains inactive for awhile. Upon decapitation, the specific head will apply the Decapitation Effect. In addition, any damage dealt to the severed/exposed Hydra head, it will receive 200% damage. It’s recommended to hit it when its severed to rack up damage point quickly. After the time ends, the head will grow back and applies the Serpent’s Will buff to itself to reduce incoming damage by 75%.
- After completing the Hydra Boss battle, the 6 champions you used for the boss battle will not be able to use those champion again until the week reset. Hence, if you would want to rely the same champions, you will need to keep the duplicate champions for the boss battle.
Hydra Boss Skills
Hydra Head Common Skills
The passive skill characteristics described below are shared by all Hydra Heads.
- Damage from skills that scale when based on enemy MAX HP cannot exceed 10% of the head’s MAX HP when attacking this head.
- Damage taken in one tick from [HP Burn] debuffs cannot exceed 20,000 HP.
- Damage taken from reflected damage, the Warmaster Mastery or the Giant Slayer Mastery cannot exceed 50,000 per attack.
- Immune to [Stun], [Freeze], [Sleep], [Provoke], [Block Active Skills], [Block Passive Skills], [Fear], [True Fear], and [Petrification] debuffs.
- Also immune to HP exchange effects, HP balancing effects, cooldown increasing effects and Turn Meter reduction effects.
Hydra Head of Torment Skills
- A1 Spectral Fangs: Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 50% chance of placing a [Fear] debuff for 2 turns. This debuff cannot be blocked or resisted. After the first attack, attacks all enemies under [Fear] or [True Fear] debuffs.
- A2 Curse Storm (Cooldown: 3 turns) Attacks all enemies. Damage increases by 25% for each debuff an enemy is under.
- Almighty Torment [Passive] When attacked by enemies not under [Perfect Veil] buffs, places a [True Fear] debuff on them for one turn. This debuff cannot be blocked or resisted. Decreases damage taken from [Poison] debuffs by 90%. Decreases the damage all Hydra heads take from AoE attacks by 10%.
- Decapitation Effect [Passive] Whenever this head is decapitated, removes all [Fear] and [True Fear] debuffs from all enemy champions then places a [Perfect Veil] buff for 2 turns on 2 random enemy champions.
Head of Decay
- A1 Agonizing Jaws Attack the enemy with the lowest HP. Place a 100% [Heal Reduction] debuff for 2 turns.
- A2 Speed of Decay (Cooldown: 4 turns) Remove all debuffs from all Heads, then fill the Turn Meters of all Heads by 30%.
- Rotten Ward (Cooldown: 5 turns) Removes all debuffs from the Head with the lowest HP, then places a [Life Barrier] buff on them for 4 turns. The Life Barrier buff cannot be removed or stolen.
- Almighty Decay [Passive] Whenever an enemy Champion is healed, decreases their MAX HP by 15% of the value of the Heal (up to 75% of their MAX HP). Decreases the damage taken from [Poison] debuffs by 90%. Decreases the damage all Hydra Heads take from AoE attacks by 10%
- Decapitation Effect [Passive] Whenever this Head is decpitated, heals all enemy Champions by 30% of their MAX HP. Restore 50% of the MAX HP of any enemy Champions whose MAX HP has been decreased.
Hydra Head of Blight
- A1 Dripping Jaws Attacks all enemies. Places three 5% [Poison] debuffs for 2 turns. Also has a 75% chance of placing a [Leech] debuff for 2 turns.
- A2 Leeching Blight (Cooldown: 3 turns) Attacks all enemies. Places a 5% [Poison] debuff for 3 turns. Instantly deals damage from all [Poison] debuffs on each enemy under [Leech] debuff.
- A3 Blinding Smog (Cooldown: 5 turns) Places a [Poison Cloud] buff on all Hydra Heads for 2 turns. This buff cannot be removed or transferred.
- Almighty Blight [Passive] This head receives double damage from [HP Burn] debuffs. Decreases the damage all Hydra Heads take from AoE attacks by 10%.
- Decapitation Effect [Passive] Inflicts damage to all Heads under [HP Burn] debuffs whenever this head is decapitated.
Hydra Head of Suffering Skills
- A1 Crippling Jaws Attacks all enemies. Places a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns. This debuff cannot be resisted. Will not place the [Weaken] debuff on enemies with [Strengthen] buffs.
- A2 Thirst of Pain (Cooldown: 4 turns) Places a 50% [Ally Protection] buff on all Heads except this one for 2 turns, then places a 30% [Reflect Damage] buff on this Head for 2 turns. Also places a [Provoke] debuff for 1 turn on the enemy with the highest Critical Damage.
- A3 Share Suffering (Cooldown: 3 turns) Attacks 1 enemy. Places a [Pain Link] debuff for 3 turns, then grants this Head an Extra Turn.
- Almighty Suffering [Passive] Increases the Resist of all Hydra Heads by 50. Decreases the damage all Hydra Heads take from AoE attacks by 30%. Decreases the damage taken from [Poison] debuffs by 90%.
- Decapitation Effect [Passive] Places a [Shield] buff on all enemy Champions for 2 turns equal to 30% of their MAX HP whenever this Head is decapitated.
Hydra Head of Mischief
- A1 Thieving Jaws Attacks the enemy with the most buffs. Steals all buffs from the target and steals 50% of the target’s Turn Meter.
- A2 Spoils of Mischief (Caooldown: 3 turns) Applies a [Buff Spread] effect, taking all buffs from this Head and placing them on all Heads. Changes the duration of all spread buffs to 2 turns.
- Almighty Mischief [Passive] Has a 75% chance of redirecting an enemy attack onto another random Head. Will not occur if this Head is under a [Hex] debuff. Decreases the damage all Hydra heads take from AoE attacks by 10%.
- Decapitation Effect [Passive] Fully depletes the Turn Meters of all Hydra Heads Whenever this Head is decapitated.
Head of Wrath
- A1 Gnashing Jaws Attacks all enemies. Places a 50% [Decrease ATK] debuff for 2 turns.
- A2 Furious Roar (Cooldown: 4 turns) Attacks all enemies. Places a [Provoke] debuff for 1 turn. Also places a 50% [Increase ATK] buff on this head for 3 turns.
- Almighty Wrath [Passive] Decreases the damage all Hydra Heads take from AoE attacks by 10%.
- Wrath Unique Skill [Passive] Each hit received increases the [Vengeance] counter by 1. Whenever the [Vengeance] counter reaches 15, places a [Vengeance] buff, a [Block Debuffs] buff, and a 15% [Reflect Damage] buff on this Head for 1 turn, then attacks all enemies. [The [Vengeance] counter resets everytime it reaches 15. Enemy hits will not be counted while under a [Vengeance] buff.
- Decapitation [Passive] Inflicts damage to all Heads whenever this Head is decapitated. If this Head is decapitated while under a [Vengeance] buff, the damage inflicted to all Heads increases, and there is a 25% chance of placing a [Leech] debuff on all Heads for 2 turns.
Hydra Boss Buffs & Debuffs
The Hydra Head’s HP is reinforced with a Shield-like effect; however Life Barrier takes priority over active Shield buffs. Any damage directed at the Head with this buff will be subtracted from the Life Barrier value first before the Head’s HP is affected. If Life Barrier is not depleted within a set number of turns, the Head under this buff restores its HP to MAX. If Life Barrier is depleted, the Head is Stunned for 1 turn. Life Barrier cannot be removed, stolen, or otherwise affected by buff manipulation Skills.
Poison Cloud blocks damage from all hostile [Poison] effects. Additionally, every attack dealt against the Hydra Head under this buff counts as a Weak Hit. [HP Burn] debuffs cancel the effects of Poison Cloud. Champions whose Skills mean they do not land Weak Hits and Affinitybreaker Artifact Set can counter this effect as well. Poison Cloud cannot be removed, stolen, or otherwise affected by buff manipulation Skills.
Activates after the Head of Wrath suffers 15 hits, increases the Head’s damage by 300% for 1 turn and triggers an immediate AoE attack. Vengeance cannot be removed, stolen, or otherwise affected by buff manipulation Skills.
Removes all debuffs from the Champion, makes them immune to all debuffs except Bombs, reduces incoming damage by 85%. Increases damage dealt by [Bomb] debuffs by 300%. Can be reset by dealing damage equal to 50% of the Champion’s MAX HP.
Activates when a new Hydra Head grows in place of a decapitated one. Serpent’s Will decreases all incoming damage by 75%.
Creates a link between the Head of Suffering and a target Champion. The target Champion receives 15% of all damage that the Head of Suffering receives (though the Head of Suffering gets full damage from the incoming attack).
Removes all buffs from the target Champion and blocks any other buffs from being applied while Petrification is active (but the Champion can still get debuffs). The target Champion skips their turn(s), the cooldown of their Skills does not get refreshed. Additionally, incoming damage is reduced by 60% except for damage dealt by [Bomb] debuffs – Bombs deal 300% more damage.
Activates when the HP of one of the Hydra’s Heads reaches 0. The head is removed and turns into Exposed Neck, it cannot act for a set number of turns and takes 200% more damage.
Mark of the Hydra
This is a special effect that marks a Champion for devouring. It cannot be blocked, removed, or otherwise manipulated. It is also not a debuff, and thus debuff limitations do not apply.
Marks the Hydra Head that has devoured one of your Champions. The Head with this effect receives additional HP and a time counter – deal a set amount of damage before that counter runs out to return your Champion to the Battle. If you fail, the Champion is lost and cannot be revived or brought back by any other means.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to claim Hydra chest if switched Clans?
You can only claim the Hydra chest if you returned to your initial clan where you have spent your Hydra keys before the Hydra reset. The Hydra chest is available to you if you have inflicted sufficient damage to attain a specific chest tier. Hydra reset happens between 8 AM and 1PM UTC, hence the reset time varies between different clans. Take note that there is a 6 hour unavailablility of accessing Hydra clan boss upon leaving and joining a new clan. You can only claim Hydra rewards from 1 Clan.
Hydra Video Guides
Raid Shadow Legends Official: The Hydra Feature Preview