★★★★✰ Arcane Keep
Varl the Destroyer Skills
Attacks 1 enemy. Heals this Champion by 30% of the damage inflicted
Level 2: Damage +5%
Level 3: Damage +5%
Level 4: Damage +5%
Level 5: Damage +5%
Damage Multiplier: 3.8 ATK
Lay Waste (Cooldown: 4 turns)
Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns. Also places a 50% [Decrease ATK] debuff for 2 turns on those enemies who receive a [Weaken] debuff.
Level 2: Damage +5%
Level 3: Damage +10%
Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +15%
Level 6: Cooldown -1
Damage Multiplier: 4 ATK
Calamity Torrent (Cooldown: 5 turns)
Attacks 1 enemy. Will ignore 30% of the target’s DEF. Decreases the target’s MAX HP by 50% of the damage inflicted. Places a [Block Damage] buff on this Champion for 1 turn if this attack kills an enemy.
Level 2: Damage +5%
Level 3: Damage +10%
Level 4: Damage +10%
Level 5: Cooldown -1
Damage Multiplier: 5.6 ATK
Mass Murder (Passive)
Increases this Champion’s ATK by 10% each time they use an Active Skill (stacks up to 100%). Resets each round.
Varl the Destroyer Equipment Guide
|Arena, Campaign, Clan Boss, Dungeons, Doom Tower, Faction Wars|
Lifesteal, Life, Immortal, Guardian, Reflex, Speed, Resist, Retaliation, Resilience
HP%, DEF%, C.RATE, SPD, RESIST
Varl the Destroyer Mastery Guide
Arena, Campaign, Clan Boss, Dungeons, Doom Tower, Faction Wars
Varl the Destroyer Champion Lore
Renowned for their ferocity, the Orc clans that roam the fringes of Durham Forest have long established themselves as a menace to those who encounter them. They prey on travelers as brigands, or fight as mercenaries for those who can afford their services. Among the bandit companies was that of a vicious Orc called Varl. Leading an alliance of Orcs and Skinwalkers, his infamy grew with every village he put to the torch and every merchant convoy he destroyed with his burning blades.
For many years, Varl’s authority over his company seemed unshakable, until a chance meeting with an enigmatic Dark Elf mage. Seducing Varl with gold and information on trade caravans moving between Kaerok and Aravia, the Dark Elf gained the Orc chieftain’s trust – and then shattered it. He charmed the Skinwalkers under Varl’s command so that they would obey his will and become his slaves, and ordered them to mutiny. In a fit of bestial rage, they abandoned their posts and darted deep into Durham Forest with him. Enraged by this deception, Varl ordered the remains of his band to hunt them all down. They plunged deep into the twisted woods, hellbent on cutting down the Elf and the traitors.
Varl followed the trail like a ravenous wolf. It was as if a red mist had descended upon him as he tore through thickets and brambles. But his rage was tempered by his intelligence, his desire to kill the one who betrayed him matched by his keen tactical mind. As his band gained ground on the traitors, Varl had them diverge from the trail, to overtake them and their puppet-master while out of sight. They surrounded their quarry at what seemed to be an abandoned Dark Elf briar-den. Surrounded and desperate, the Elven mage chanted a dark blessing, and imbued his mesmerized Skinwalkers with unnatural speed, strength, and ferocity. An exhausting and bloody battle ensued – with their new, supernatural boons, the Skinwalkers ripped apart their former allies, and the Elf wove spell after spell to regenerate any wounds the Orcs inflicted upon them in turn. Varl realized that if he did not act soon, his remaining warriors would be destroyed.
Raising his blazing weapons aloft, Varl torched the surrounding trees, hoping the spreading fire would claim his enemies. The flames tore through the forest, adding greatly to the chaos. In the frantic melee, which quickly descended into a vicious panic, Varl hacked down a pair of frothing Skinwalkers in quick succession before charging the Dark Elf, his rage taking over his mind as the growing inferno swirled around him. His ferocity and muscled bulk made him no match for the mage, who he swiftly beheaded. The severed head rolled into the flames, and its pale skin was soon charred. Varl recovered it, and held the Elf’s charred head aloft, letting out a great battle cry before ordering his remaining — and heavily wounded – warriors to retreat.
The blaze’s results went far beyond what Varl had intended. Though the briar-den had appeared abandoned, many Dark Elves lived in the trees above. When the flames erupted, the Elves fled their burning homes, enraged by the destruction and the invasion of their territory. As Varl and his band fled, the Dark Elves fell upon them, bows nocked with venom-tipped arrows and bearing long, wicked blades. They slew dozens of exhausted and completely surprised Orcs in minutes.
Knowing victory was impossible, Varl ran, not slowing until he left the forest and reached the plains he and his band once roamed. Only then did he look back, as blood flowed from his many wounds. Only a handful of limping Orcs and Skinwalkers emerged from the trees, and he saw several struck down with black-fletched arrows just as they thought they had reached some kind of safety. As plumes of smoke billowed into the darkening sky, Varl watched the battered remnants of his company scatter. He was too exhausted, and too ashamed, to call after them. It was only after that Varl earned his epithet of ‘the Destroyer’ – for bringing destruction not only to a swathe of Durham Forest, but to the band he had led.
Varl the Destroyer Storyline
Renowned for their ferocity, the Orc tribes that make their home in the lands surrounding Felwin’s Gate have long established themselves as a force to be reckoned with. They often roam the trade routes and plains as brigands or fight as mercenaries for those who can afford their services. Such was Varl – the leader of a vicious band of sellswords whose infamy grew with every village he had put to the torch.
His authority over the ragtag force of Gaellen Pact warriors seemed unshakable until the day an enigmatic Gnarlhorn shaman arrived and roused the Skinwalkers under Varl’s command to mutiny. They abandoned their posts and made it north, into the lands of Aravia. Enraged by this news, Varl turned the entire band and pursued the deserters with ruthless determination. The two forces clashed, and many Skinwalkers fell in that skirmish, yet the Shaman escaped further north with a handful of his followers.
Varl followed the trail like a ravenous wolf, hellbent on meting out vengeance for the insult he had suffered. He eventually overtook the traitors in an ancient grove somewhere in the southernmost reaches of High Elven lands and fell upon them, assured of a swift victory. However, the Shaman had already found what he wanted – an ancient artifact that lay hidden at the heart of the grove. He conducted a terrible ritual in the name of Siroth and imbued his fighters with the power of Darkness. A battle ensued, hard and bloody; though the Skinwalkers were outnumbered, their unnatural resilience and strength tipped the scales. Varl realized that his Orcs were losing heart and would soon flee the field.
Not one to simply accept defeat, he ordered to set the trees ablaze in hopes of taking his foes with him. That gambit saved Varl’s life, for the source of the Shaman’s power perished in flames, and the tide of the battle turned once more. Orc mercenaries surged forth and hurled the Skinwalkers into the raging inferno, while Varl himself slew the Shaman in single combat and claimed his skull as a trophy.
Victorious but gravely wounded, the chieftain ordered his remaining forces to retreat. Alas, fate had one last cruel joke to play at Varl’s expense: a host of High Elves of Aravia fell on his trail, summoned to investigate the battle that left a sacred grove of Lumaya in ashes. To them, Varl was a brutish savage responsible for that sacrilege. Negotiations were not an option, and the Orcs had no strength to resist.
Salvation came unbidden. A flame-haired woman known as the Arbiter intervened, offering Varl a chance to save his kinsmen and atone for his crimes. Rather than perish by blade or arrow, he would become an immortal guardian of the Doom Tower – a prison the Arbiter had built for Teleria’s most dangerous monsters. It was a grim duty that Varl accepted, but it was his only chance to redeem himself. Perhaps one day, a hero will come and vanquish the evil of the Doom Tower forever. Until then, Varl the Destroyer stands guard, as he had for centuries.
Varl the Destroyer Updates
- (2023-10-12) Raid Shadow Legends Patch Notes V7.60
- (2021-08-04) Raid Shadow Legends Patch Notes V4.50
Varl the Destroyer Videos
Raid Shadow Legends Patch 4.50 New Champions by ASH