★★★★✰ Arcane Keep
Chonoru is an Epic Attack Spirit Champion from the Shadowkin faction in Raid Shadow Legends. Chonoru was introduced to the game in Patch 3.40 as the first batch of Shadowkin champions!
Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 40% chance of placing [Block Buffs] debuff for 2 turns.
Level 2: Damage +5%
Level 3: Damage +5%
Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
Damage Multiplier: 3.55 ATK
Overall Grading: Strong
Reign of Fear (Cooldown: 4 turns)
Attacks 3 times at random. Each hit has a 75% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns.
Level 2: Damage +5%
Level 3: Damage +10%
Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +15%
Level 6: Cooldown -1
Damage Multiplier: 1.9 ATK
Overall Grading: Weak
Lay Bare [ATK] (Cooldown: 4 turns)
Removes all [Increase DEF] buffs from all enemies, then attacks all enemies. Decreases the cooldown of Lay Bare by 1 turn for each enemy killed by this skill.
Level 2: Damage +5%
Level 3: Damage +5%
Level 4: Damage +10%
Level 5: Cooldown -1
Damage Multiplier: 3.6 ATK
Overall Grading: Strong
Chonoru Equipment Guide
|Arena, Campaign, Clan Boss, Dungeons, Doom Tower, Faction Wars|
PvE: Lifesteal, Bloodthirst, Perception, Accuracy, Immortal, Speed, Stalwart
PvE: ATK%, C.RATE, C.DMG, SPD, ACC
Chonoru Mastery Guide
Arena, Campaign, Clan Boss, Dungeons, Doom Tower, Faction Wars
Campaign, Clan Boss, Dungeons
Raid Shadow Legends Chonoru Champion Guide by Grumpy Jeff
Raid Shadow Legends Chonoru Champion Guide by Валентин Томашевский
@*RINZLER* You need higher stats to guarantee A3 usage and also one-shot Lord Shazar for a consistent 8-second farm. If stats don’t meet a certain threshold, I suspect the AI thinks it needs to apply Weaken to soften them up. I and others in this thread have found a threshold of about 4400-4500 ATK and 225-245 CDMG to guarantee A3 usage. Below that, she should still be reasonably fast (10-12 seconds) even with the extra A2 (assuming she is fast enough to go twice), or else you can use Team Setup to force A3 but then it’s more hassle to load food champs.
@Irene: I have added Chonoru masteries to the guide above! You can choose either one depending on your use case.
Can anyone tell me what masteries to put on her?
So I am running into issues with her not using her A3 consistently.
When trying to farm food in 12-3, sometimes she kills them all on round 1, and in round 2 she just does whatever.
I threw her in a Relentless set instead of savage or Instinct or Cruel.
I actually upped her speed to 177 in case she messes up.
The idea is if she drops the ball, the game won’t cycle the food as well as the enemy attacks, she’ll just go again.
I dropped her stats a bit:
Lvl: 50 Attack: 2484
crit rate: 101
crit damage: 194
And now she is consistently A3’ing everything and she only runs into trouble sometimes not killing Lord Shazar on round 3, leaving him with a little life left. Most times she kills him but on occasion she doesn’t.
It is a fine balance here, but I think the AI is designed so that if she believes she can kill things with her A2, she’ll use the A2 (for whatever reason) even if the A3 is ready to fire.
She will not use the A2 or A1 if the chances are bleak for those to do well, when the A3 is at the ready with a greater chance to kill things.
It’s a fine balance.
From here at 2484 attack to 3800 attack as I had it previously,
I need to find something in there where she consistently kills Lord Shazar, but isn’t too high attack that she decides to use her A2 again.
This special tuning means she is really only good for 8-9 second Brutal Campaign runs.
She can be fine elsewhere I believe but there are better champs than her for those sorts of things.
Well she can definitely do 12-3 at eight or nine seconds, but sometimes she decides to do A2 on second round when her A3 is fresh after having killed everyone in round 1.
Is there a reason for this?
@Ijon Tichy that’s a pretty cool setup honestly. I think I will try it.
8-9 seconds as only a level 50 with the stats you have is pretty good.
i use her as 12-3 brutal farmer with her A3 only. She does it in 8 – 9 seconds, not as fast as Fellhound, but still. Level 50 only, 3,700 attack, 100% crit. rate, 149% crit. damage, and just above 110 speed. Tier 3 masteries, nuker style, ending at ruthless ambush, 2 books into Lay Bare skill
I am working diligently upon her 🙂 Really fun early, mid & endgame mode.
Going off of what I read for a build (Parentheses indicate the Primary Stat where necessary, and you can substitute Cruel for Offense and get away with Perception in place of Accuracy/Speed):
Weapon – Offense
Helmet – Offense
Shield – Accuracy
Gauntlets (C.RATE/C.DMG) – Accuracy
Chestplate (ATK%) – Speed
Boots (SPD) – Speed
Ring – (ATK)
Amulet – (C.DMG)
Banner – (ACC)
Follow-up to my previous email.
Similar to Wunka, when I crossed 4500 ATK and 225% CR, Chonoru started using Lay Bare to open up every round (on 12-3), making her a true 8 second farmer with no restrictions.
I also have no skill tomes, but I have the same masteries (heard of glory and Ruthless Ambush). They may not be necessary with these stats, though.
So, she’s a wonderful farmer, but if you get her really early like I did, it takes a while to achieve the stats you need.
My stats for 8-second 12-3 Brutal farm with the AI reliably choosing Lay Bare without team setup:
Attack 4430, Crit Damage 245, Crit Rate 103, Speed 117, masteries Heart of Glory (5% damage) and Ruthless Ambush (8% damage), no skill tomes.
As someone who got Chonoru early, I can say it is hard to build her as a farmer. First, it took my best artifacts, masteries up to the 3rd tier, and a few bonuses from the Great Hall to get her over 3k Att, 100% CR and 217% crit damage, and she STILL doesn’t always kill the demon on the 3rd wave.
Next, her AI refuses to use Lay Bare on the 1st wave, unless you create a team and give instructions. But then, every time you swap monsters you have to do it in the team setup interface and you can’t use multi-battle to chain a whole bunch of fodder you want to train.
Sure, she’s 8-12 seconds per run, and I’m glad I have her, but it’s a lot less convenient than it should be.
why is there no build or masteries info for Chonoru?
i dont understand a 2 star rating in campaign for a champ who can solo 12/3 at 5 star with no books
A lot of youtubers who are sponsored by Plarium/Raid have a code that you get her when you first make your account
@Shenpai61 I also want Chonoru, that’s why I’m asking.
Why alot of people have her? I have seen alot of accounts (especially new ones) with Chonor in their defense arena teams. It’s there a code that I don’t know that exists or what?
Chonoru’s high base attack and a3 multiplier means that she can even reliably farm 12-3 as a 5-star with no books. As a mid-game low-spender, saving those chickens and books is still a big deal. You need around 200% crit damage, but that’s relatively easy to get these days, since Ninja straight up murders Dragon 24. I have her pretty much dressed in junk (broken dragon artifact sets). If you roll her early, you’re lucky! You’ve got a speedy campaign farmer requiring very little investment.
I’m doing F2P at lvl 43 during the early part of my 2nd month. Just ranked Chonoru up as my first rank 6 over chars like Ninja (A Legendary), team healer epic (A), and rez epic (S) because she is my number one chicken farmer by a mile. Ascending her to rank 3 is the biggest difference I’ve found so far in Champion evaluation of any champion. Before she is a pile. Afterwards she is a high level spam AOE who runs through crowds like the breeze. She will hasten the rest of my team up on much harder campaigns than someone like Ninja could’ve.
Probably she should be an automatic 5* for campaign, given that she can one-shot all three waves with full reset on her A3. Especially compared to other 5* like Pitiless One or Kael who even with their turn meter fill will still have to cycle through A1 at some point. Her AOE damage is comparable to Kael since her base attack makes up for the difference in multipliers.
I think she is a bit underrated for Campaign.
She clears 12-3 in 8-9 seconds, with no book, starter 4* lifesteal gears and a mixed bag of masteries. Her A3 kills every wave in 1 hit and resets, it’s quick.
Ascending her 3 times to unlock her A3 is the only requirement.
Super F2P friendly and useful for a decent chunk of the content (Campaign, Arena up to gold, most Dungeons and Doom Tower) if you pull her early.
@Jinx ~Its always a crapshot but these are just recommendations about where you can stop.
Your Mastery Guides for Tenasil, Shaman and others are excellent, so I’m curious where the similar Chonoru Mastery Guide is hiding. Keeping in mind that, in my opinion, videos are a waste of time. I come to see a specific item, and if it/they are missing I simply move on to other options. My last resort would be to waste time scrolling through videos for the one or 2 items I’m looking for.
I don’t understand what you are doing to allow skills of your choice to be booked but that shit doesn’t happen in raid. It’s always a gamble.
Grumpy has her in Cruel and Relentless but I didn’t watch enough to know his goal. Probably dungeon keeps and maybe Doom Tower.
Why not just put her in ATK and SPD armor and let the substats make for good CRT stats? That’s what I do for Bellower to farm.
Put her in a Crit Rate, Crit Damage, and Speed sets and book her A3, she’s perfect for cleaning away spiderlings in Spider.