★★★✰✰ Arcane Keep
Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 10% chance of placing a 5% [Poison] debuff for 2 turns.
Level 2: Damage +5%
Level 3: Damage +5%
Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
Damage Multiplier: 4 ATK
Mending Touch (Cooldown: 4 turns)
Heals a target ally by 30% of their MAX HP. Places a 60% [Increase DEF] buff for 2 turns.
Level 2: Heal +5%
Level 3: Heal +5%
Level 4: Cooldown -1
Redemption (Cooldown: 7 turns)
Revives all dead allies, heals them by 25% of their MAX HP, and boosts their Turn Meter to max.
Level 2: Cooldown -1
Level 3: Cooldown -1
Cardinal Equipment Guide
|Arena, Doom Tower, Faction Wars||Campaign, Clan Boss, Dungeons|
Immunity, Resist, Speed, Stalwart
Immunity, Resist, Speed, Stalwart, Lifesteal
HP%, DEF%, SPD, RESIST
HP%, DEF%, SPD, RESIST
Cardinal Mastery Guide
Arena, Doom Tower, Faction Wars
Campaign, Clan Boss, Dungeons
Raid Shadow Legends – Cardinal is an Epic Support Void Champion from The Sacred Order faction where she can be obtained from Void Shard.
- Cardinal’s role is to revive dead allies using “Redemption” skill and heal an ally whenever they are in critical health while providing a 60% Increase Defense buff using “Mending Touch” skill.
- The main highlight of this champion is her Revive skill “Redemption”, which allows the player to instantly revive dead allies and boost their Turn Meter to the max.
- Those revived allies can attack the enemies immediately without worrying of debuffs especially Crowd Control debuff (Stun, Freeze, Sleep, Fear) or Damage Manipulation (Decrease Attack, Decrease Defense) as these debuffs are removed when they are dead.
- The revived allies turn order aka sequence will be based on their total Speed Stat, with the fastest speed champion goes first. This allows you to perform tactical attack on the enemy by waiting for the right moment before reviving and counterattack the enemy after they have unleashed their debuff and nuke on your team.
- The strategy here relies mainly on Cardinal’s ability to sustain the first wave of attack and any debuff inflicted by the enemies.
- Cardinal’s survivability rate increases substantially by equipping the appropriate Artifact set for her. The 2 Artifact Sets that are compatible for Cardinal are Immunity Set and Resistance Set.
- However, I highly recommend Resistance because it does not only block debuff but also deter Instant Negative Effects (e.g. Decrease Turn Meter, Increase Skill Cooldown, Steal Buff) that can affect her ability to cast her skills at the right timing.
- Resistance Set is preferred since it can help in both short and lengthy battles while Immunity Set is preferred for the short battles (winning the battle within 2 turns).
- If you can obtain high resist stat on Immunity Set, you will gain benefit from both worlds. Do take note that high resist stat are completely ignored against debuffs applied from Artifact Sets (e.g. Stun Set, Freeze Set, Sleep Set, Poison Set, Taunting Set).
- Resist Stat can be obtained by multiple ways such as equipping Resist Set, equipping artifacts with Resist as primary stat (Chestplate and Banner), artifacts containing Resist substat with multiple-upgrades on it, Great Hall Resist stat, and masteries (Lore of Steel, Defiant) that provide some Resist stat.
Cardinal Team Synergy
- Cardinal team synergy relies on 2 components (Attack Champion and Defense/Support Champion).
- The first component is to include Attack champions who can inflict very high damage and much better if they can completely erase them from battle (e.g. Block Revive Skill from champions such as Rotos the Lost Groom, Foli, Bloodgorged, Zavia, Inithwe Bloodtwin) or AoE champions that have very high AoE nuke damage (e.g. Trunda Giltmallet) to defeat all enemies in 1 hit.
- The second component is to include Defense/Support champions that can provide some type of sustainability to Cardinal. This can be achieved by having high HP champions equipped with Shield Set (preferabbly champions with 20K base HP), champion with passive skill that provides defensive capabilities such as Krisk the Ageless with his massive shield or Seeker for his Increase Defense buff, and champions who has active skills that provide Healing, Ally Protection, Shield, Increase Defense, Strengthen buffs for prolong battles.
Cardinal Team Strategy Cheatsheet
- If the enemy team has many defensive tanky team, use 2 Attackers and 1 Support.
- If the enemy team has many debuffer in team, use 1 Attacker and 2 Support.
- If the enemy team has fast heavy AoE nuker, use 1 Attacker and 2 Support.
Raid Shadow Legends Cardinal Guide by ASH
Raid Shadow Legends Cardinal Guide by StewGaming
Cardinal Showcase by Farting Cows
2 Stone Skin artifacts will provide +40 RES as well as +8% HP, so it is a step up from mere Resistance set of 2. This allows flexibility so that one might go with the 3rd Stone Skin piece OR 2nd Protection piece for +15% DEF (depending upon which gear is better). The first Protection piece provides only +20% RES (so you’ll lose 20% compared to a Resistance set of 2), but I chose this option as my Resistance gear was not good beyond two pieces, and I managed to find gear that had RES in the substats (with some lucky double-rolls + glyphs). I lacked silver, so 4 of my gear are at 8. My resulting RES is 291.
how the rotation is determined after she uses her revive? how can we set who goes first after being revived? is it based on their speed?
I’m thinking of a comp with her, kytis, genbo and gostborn. ideally after revive gostborn would go first to give atk up. then kytis nuke and finally genbo finishs the job and get rid of all unkills and swift parries.
Many are using Cardinal in Stoneskin set in Arena offense as a go 2nd reviver and then full team attack. My question is: Would this interfere with Faction War fights against bosses that go longer than 2 turns (Stoneskin wears off) and how badly. Also does Lore of Steel mastery work with the Hydra sets, Stoneskin and Protection?
I think that it should be noted that the Regeneration & Immortal gear sets would also work well on Cardinal, to maintain maximum survivability, especially during longer battles in Dungeons, Doom Tower, and/or Faction Wars. Please also add the Curing set, as it would give her bigger heals both on her A2 & A3, as both skills include instant heals, and since it’s buff the 4 pc. Curing set boosts healing by 20% (multiplicative of the healing amount of each skill, not additive).
I’ve been using this site as my go-to for a couple of years now, though occasionally I find it a bit lacking, making me want more listed possibilities for gearing & masteries listed which are specifically tuned to the skills & uses of each champ (such as above). Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this site!
Wich set for arena?
@all: Cardinal’s mastery for “Arena, Campaign, Faction Wars” have been re-optimized based from the players input here as well as from my experiences in these 3 areas (e.g. able to clear Faction Wars 1-20 with this setup).
@Tom Chapman Barros-Wing: Yeah, you’re right. I share the same thought as you where Cardinal hits are pretty weak when she is built fully defensive and low Attack stats. I’ll update the mastery guide for “Arena, Campaign, Faction Wars” (Retribution to Lasting Gifts) and also the equipment for Lifesteal. It may have slipped my mind about Lifesteal artifact set on Cardinal as I mainly use her for PvP rather than PvE boss. Thanks for sharing your insights!
I know you don’t separate Faction Wars builds from Arena, but wouldn’t Lasting Gifts be a better choice than Retribution? Cardinal tends not to hit very hard and that Poison debuff is really unimportant in waves/arena–but that Increase Def buff would make a big difference if it had an extra turn.
However, I actually just put my Cardinal in Lifesteal gear, and Retribution would pay off in that case. You haven’t recommended Lifesteal gear though. So I’m wondering what the idea is here between those two masteries. I’m just building Cardinal now for the first time, so I actually don’t know what to expect.
@Bobby desouza: I have updated Cardinal’s rating for Fire Knight from 1 star to 3 stars for her Revive + Max Turn Meter utility.
@knightmare: If you are highly depending Cardinal to revive in each round to revive dead allies to do the job, it won’t be efficient to clear dungeons efficiently. Cardinal has a high skill cooldown on the revive skill. Having constant dead allies in battle reduces the clearance performance and will not help you achieve below 2 minute Dungeon Speed Runs. Reason of allies die is due to not equipping your champion with better gear to sustain them in battle (e.g. not upgraded to the max stat / using incorrect substat for your champion / bad team synergy). For short battle, Cardinal will work well such as in Arena Offense.
Is she really only 2-3 stars for dungeons? I feel like she can provide good utility for dungeons that might be too hard for your champs to conquer, but with her revives she makes it possible. I’m thinking of 6 starring her for dragons 16. I can do 15 with ease even tho it’s a 3min run, but 16 mobs destroy me. Hoping with her skilled up, she can pick up my squishy champs and I can make it through to the boss.
I would say she isn’t bad in fireknight, when your coldheart and other dmg dealer dies, you can have them come back and hit the shield. Leaving only 2 hits left. Which your apothecary can do.