MapleStory Thief can advanced as a Shadower or Night Lord. This specific job route is determined when you reach Level 30. RED has finally added Dual Blade into Adventurer/Explorer class. Thieves are a part of Explorers, they are short-medium range characters mostly using daggers, claws and throwing stars. They are the fastest short range attackers in the game, dealing weak yet many attacks on a foe. They use their natural quickness and agility to navigate the area, trying to gain the upper hand. Generally, Thieves have the highest avoidability and second highest accuracy in MapleStory.
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Thief
PRIMARY WEAPON: Claw, Dagger
SECONDARY WEAPON: *This is determined in 2nd Job*
PRIMARY STAT: Luck (LUK)
LINK SKILL: None
MAPLE UNION EFFECT: *This is determined in 2nd-job*
BEST INNER ABILITY: *This is determined in 2nd-job*
Thief Beginner Skills
Please refer to Explorer Beginner/Novice Skill Build Guide for more details as it is shared among Warrior, Archer, Magician, Thief and Pirate.
Rogue – Thief 1st Job Skills
Throws 2 throwing stars based on LUK, regardless of Claw Mastery.
Level 1: MP Cost: 8, Damage: 114%
Level 20: MP Cost: 14, Damage: 190%
Quickly stabs an enemy twice.
Level 1: MP Cost: 8, Damage: 89%
Level 20: MP Cost: 14, Damage: 165%
Use while in the middle of a jump to jump twice in a row. The jump distance increases as the skill level increases.
Level 1: MP Cost: 38, jumps further.
Level 5: MP Cost: 22, jumps further.
Temporarily increases Movement Speed and Jump for all party members. Increases maximum Movement Speed permanently.
Level 1: MP Cost: 10, Duration: 20 sec, Speed: +4, Jump: +2. Passive Effects – Max Movement Speed: +2
Level 10: MP Cost: 20, Duration: 200 sec, Speed: +40, Jump: +20. Passive Effects – Max Movement Speed: +20
Through training of secret arts, Luck is permanently increased.
Level 1: Permanently increases LUK by 2
Level 10: Permanently increases LUK by 20
Allows you to hide in shadow for a short time. While Dark Sight is activated you cannot attack or be attacked, but you can use the Flash Jump skill. Press the skill key again to deactivate Dark Sight.
Level 1: MP Cost: 23, Duration: 20 sec.
Level 10: MP Cost: 5, Duration: 200 sec.
Thief Skill Build Guide (Assassin + Bandit): Everything maxed except Double Stab.
1. Lucky Seven (1)
2. Flash Jump (MAX)
3. Haste (MAX)
4. Lucky Seven (MAX)
5. Nimble Body (MAX)
6. Dark Sight (MAX)
7. Double Stab (10/20)
Thief Related Guides
- GMS v.143 – RED Part 1: First Impact (2013-12-04)
- GMS v.168 – Reboot Updates (2015-12-02)
- GMS v.172 – Maple’s Eleven (2016-04-21)
- GMS v.179 – MapleStory V 5th Job (2016-12-15)
- GMS v.186 – Override Evolve (2017-06-21)
- GMS v.190 – Nova: Liberation of Cadena (2017-12-01)
- MSEA v.158 – Accelerate Update Notes (2016-04-06)
- MSEA V.162 – MapleStory V (2016-11-16)
- MSEA V.165 – KERNING TOWER (2017-03-02)
- MSEA v.166 – Mid Spring (2017-04-05)
- MSEA V.167 – BEYOND (2017-05-17)
- MSEA v.170 – Zest and Zeal (2017-09-18)
- MSEA v.171 – Nova (2017-11-13)
- MSEA v.174 – Maple Film Festival aka MFF (2018-02-27)
- MSEA v.176 – ARK Patch Notes (2018-05-12)
- MSEA v.179 – Mid-Autumn and Skill Revamps (2018-09-19)