Here is a list of solutions to fix MapleStory Common Errors when running or installing MapleStory Client or Patch. Troubleshoot MapleStory Error easily with Ayumilove! If you have MapleStory problem or solution you would like to share here, post a comment below! Use CTRL+F to open the browser’s search box and input the keyword of your problem.
MapleStory Installation Solution
MapleStory HackShield Solution
MapleStory Disconnection Solution
MapleStory Application Error Solution
MapleStory Town Lag Solution
MapleStory XignCode Solution
MapleStory BlackCipher Solution
Encountering an issue in MapleStory?
Submit your issue using the format below to make it easy for me to identify the issue background:
- What Operating System are you running? Windows XP/7/8/10 + (32-bit/64-bit).
- Which MapleStory region are you playing? GMS | KMS | MSEA | JMS | EMS | BMS
- What MapleStory version do you currently have?
- How did you install MapleStory? Using Full Version OR Auto Patch OR Manual Patch?
- Where did you install MapleStory? C:\Nexon\MapleStory
- How do you run MapleStory? GameLauncher.exe OR Website
- Describe the issue in detail you encounter and steps taken to fix.
Directory was Not Found Error Message.
- [ERROR] You encounter a pop-up box with the following error message “Directory was Not Found” after patching.
- [SOLUTION] Close the patcher and Visit maplestory.nexon.net official website and logged in. Launched the game from the WEBSITE. Upon successfully launching through the website, exit Maplestory and retry the regular GameLauncher.exe from your computer.
Failed to Delete Directory
- [ERROR] You encounter a pop-up box with the error message that says “Failed to Delete Directory” after running the launcher and patching the game for the Kanna content. Then it stated that you would need to download and reinstall the entire game.
- [SOLUTION] If you have this exact same error at the end of the install, remove that Temp Folder from the game folder and run the launcher again. Go into the main MapleStory folder (C:\Nexon\MapleStory), there will be only 3 folders inside of the main folder, Black Cipher, Hackshield and a Temp Folder with a name similar to this one: etwejxjl.$$$ (random characters with a dot and dollar signs suffixed). The Temp folder, regardless of it’s name, will have dollar signs prefixed in the name $$$$ Transfer TEMP folder to your Desktop and run the game again. If it works, you can safely delete that folder. If you happen to have 2 TEMP folders labeled as .$$$ in them, take away the empty one and it worked, otherwise remove both.
Mob.wz (or a .wz file) is Corrupted
- You encounter a pop-up box with the following message: “Mob.wz The patch file is corrupt. Please try again.
- If the same error occurs, please delete all previous MapleStory game files and re-install the game client from maplestory.nexon.net” Just re-install MapleStory to fixed Mob.wz corruption.
Unable to patch MapleStory
- Uninstall MapleStory before deleting C:\Nexon\MapleStory folder.
- Re-download the 128v.
- After installing it, used the manual patch for 129v.
- Wait for it to stop at ADMIN CHATLOG\
- Terminate the process by using the administrator window (CTRL + ALT + DEL)
- Run the game from the GameLauncher.exe in your MapleStory Installation folder.
- [NOTE] The problem might lie within the new client (v129.2) that’s presently on the website. Do not download the latest MS from the website, just install the older version v128 and then perform the prepatch.
MapleStory Error Cannot find ‘ijl15.dll’ Please Re-install Application
- [ERROR] Themida – http://www.oreans.com – Cannot find ‘ijl15.dll’. Please re-install application.
- [SOLUTION] MapleStory.exe extracted from .zip must be in MapleStory Installation Directory. For Windows XP Users: C:\Program Files\Wizet\MapleStory
MapleStory Error code:-2147221000 (DLL for class no found)
Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and run MapleStory. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing updates to the .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 subcomponents.
MapleStory Error File does not have Program Associated
- [ERROR] The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an assoication in the Default Programs control panel.
- This error appears when you attempt to start MapleStory. This is caused by unknown file extension! Your Windows Operating System is given a file and it does not know how to handle the file. So, Windows tries to search for programs in your computer that knows how to handle that particular file. Unfortunately, it couldn’t find any, therefore it pops up the error message above!
- The simplest way to fix this problem is to install software that handles that file extension. For instance, you use MSE Installer that automatically download and install a software (MapleStory). When it downloads a file such as MapleStorySetup.ZIP (ZIP file extension), it passes this file to Windows to extract. If your computer has WinZip, 7-Zip or WinRAR installed, Windows passes this extraction job to this software to handle. For MapleStory Users who uses MSE Installer to Download and Install MapleStory, download and Install WinZip/7-Zip/WinRAR.
ZIP Extractor Intalled
If your computer has zip extractor installed, perhaps that particular software did not associate itself with the file extension! How to associate the extension? Below is step by step guide.
Identify program that handles that file extension. *If its ZIP, it should be a zip extractor such as WinZip*
- Open Windows Explorer (Right-Click My Computer, and click Explore)
- Click TOOLS in Menu, then click FOLDER OPTIONS.
- Click FILE TYPES
- Scroll down to the file type (file extension) that you want to modify. If its not in the list, click NEW and type in the file extension. Example: ZIP for MapleStorySetup.ZIP
- Select the file type from the list, and click CHANGE
- Tick “Select the program from a list”
- Browse program list to the one you identified, for me its WinZip/7-Zip/WinRAR.
- Press OK to save changes.
- Retry installing MapleStory.
MapleStory Error Incompatible On Windows 7
[ERROR] This program has known compatibility issues. Check online to see if solutions are available from the Microsoft website. If solutions are found, Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take. Maple Story is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information contact Wizet. Program: Maple story. Publisher: Wizet. Location: C:\Nexon\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe
- First go to your Maplestory folder, the default location is: MapleStory Global Users: C:\Nexon\Maplestory | MapleStory SEA Users: C:\Program Files\Wizet\MapleStory
- Now right click on Maplestory.exe and select “Properties”
- Click on “Compatibility” tab at the top.
- Look at Run this program in compatibility mode for: Tick the box and select Windows XP SP3.
- Look further down and stop at option Privilege Level. Tick the box in front of the words: Run this program as an administrator
- Your screen should look like this if you have done it correctly.
Apply the same steps as above for GameLauncher located in your MapleStory installation folder.
- You can still run MapleStory via your MapleStory Desktop shortcut. If you don’t have a shortcut:
- Go to your MapleStory folder, right click on MapleStory.exe and press Create Shortcut. Drag the shortcut to your desktop. Right click the shortcut and change the target to:
- MapleStory Global Users: C:\Nexon\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe GameLaunching
- MapleStory SEA Users: C:\Program Files\Wizet\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe GameLaunching
- Note: Or whatever your MapleStory.exe is located with an add ” GameLaunching”.
- Ok so now all you have to do is click Apply and then press OK. You can start playing. Happy Mapling!
MapleStory Error MyKeyDefense Initialization error (0x32A41OO9)
- MyKeyDefense: Initialization error (0x32A41OO9)
- First go to your Maplestory folder, the default location is: MapleStory Global Users: C:\Nexon\Maplestory | MapleStory SEA Users: C:\Program Files\Wizet\MapleStory
- Right-click MapleStory.exe and select ‘Properties’.
- Go to ‘Compatibility’ tab,
- Click ‘Change settings for all uses’
- Under Compatibility mode, tick box and select WINDOWS VISTA, untick others.
- Click Apply and Ok ***** VERY IMPORTANT *******
- *Try other available compatibility modes if the above is not available for you!
MapleStory Error Lack of Memory Solution
Lack of Memory. Please refer to the FAQ section of www.maplestory.com for the further detail.
- Increase Computer Virtual Memory (short-term solution) without buying additional RAM.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Performance And Maintenance → System
- On Advanced Tab, under Performance, Click Settings.
- On Advanced Tab, under Virtual Memory, Click Change.
- Under Drive (Volume Label) Select drive to change paging file size.
- Click Custom Size Check Box.
- Set reserve amount Virtual Memory.
- Read Virtual Memory Tips below to calculate amount of Virtual Memory to reserve.
- Click Set.
- A window pops up and prompt you to restart your pc. Click Yes.
- Note: Set both initial and maximum size equal amount to prevent Windows from constantly changing paging file. The value of reserve Virtual Memory should be 1.5 times more than your existing RAM. For example: if you have 512 MB RAM, multiply it by 1.5 (Results: 512 x 1.5 = 768 MB RAM). For those who are using SSD (Solid State Drive), it is recommended to limit it to 2GB (Gigabytes) as SSD space is very limited.
Buy and Install additional RAM (Random Access Memory) into your Motherboard. Investing on a new RAM is your best option for long-term solution. I recommend to get at least 8GB RAM, not the minimum 4GB RAM to run Windows 64bit Operating System as your computer might hog the memory when running intensive tasks.
MapleStory Error code:-2147467259 (unspecified error)
MapleStory Error code:-2147467259 (unspecified error). That error is consistent with the graphics card drivers not properly installed.
- Right-click your Desktop
- Select Properties → Select Settings Tab → Click Advanced Button
- Select TroubleShoot Tab → Set Hardware Acceleration to max (Move bar to most right)
- Click OK to save changes.
- Start → Run → MsConfig → StartUp
- Uncheck all Unwanted Program
- Right-Click My Computer
- Select Properties → Hardware → Device Manager
- You will notice a Yellow Question Mark on your Graphic Driver (Example: vga-32123)
- Update that driver using your Motherboard Drivers CD
MapleStory Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)
- [ERROR] The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) Click OK to close the application.
- A very common problem. It usually pertains to ineffective memory processes. A possible solution is to update your .NET Framework, as it is usually the reason for this problem.
- [Solution] Download and install .NET Framework v4 to update your current .NET Framework. The .NET Framework is Microsoft’s comprehensive and consistent programming model for building applications that have visually stunning user experiences, seamless and secure communication, and the ability to model a range of business processes.
Maplestory Error Code: -2005532292 (unknown error 0x8876017C)
- [ERROR] There is a conflict with your firewall and MapleStory. One of your firewall software is hooked to this .DLL (ntdll.dll).
- [SOLUTION] Try disabling your firewall, and restart MapleStory. If that doesn’t work, uninstall your firewall, restart computer and try running MapleStory. If this solution works, install another firewall software that is compatible with MapleStory. Note: Don’t play MapleStory without your computer being protected with a firewall. Viruses can easily slipped in :)
MapleStory Error 40 Installation Solution
- [ERROR] This error occurs when you try to use Nexon Downloader where during the download process, MapleStory Client was corrupted.
- [SOLUTION] Use a download manager application such as FlashGet or IDM (Internet Download Manager) to help download MapleStory Client from official site to your hard disk. To start using FlashGet, you will need to download and install it into your PC first. Then use FlashGet to grab MapleStory Client download link. This way, you won’t spend hours to get around Error 40.
MapleStory Error Code: 11001 No such host is known.
- Try refreshing or reloading the screen on your browser. (For most browsers press F5)
- Open you MapleStory folder and right click on the file Gamelauncher.exe and run it as administrator.
- Uninstall MapleStory, download the Nexon Launcher and download MapleStory using the Nexon Launcher.
- Clear your Browsers Cache.
- For Internet Explorer: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or “Delete…”) from the General tab. Select “Delete Files”. This may take several minutes.
- For Firefox: Click on Tools, select “Clear Private Data” and then click on “Clear Private Data Now”.
- For Chrome: Click on Settings then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on advance settings. Under privacy click on Clear browsing data and make sure you check the boxes for the first four items. You can leave the dropdown box at “The past hour. Then click on Clear browsing data.
How to fix Maplestory Black Screen Freezes on Windows 10.
- If you have problems with Maplestory constantly going Black Screen after Character Login’s or exiting/entering Cash Shop this is a fixed first introduced to me by FreudChicken from Reddit.
- Exit Maplestory and Nexon Game Launcher
- Right click Nexon Game Launcher and click Troubleshoot Compatability
- Click Trouble Shoot Program
- Check the first box, “The program worked in earlier versions…”
- Choose windows 7 and click next.
- Test Program and Save Settings
Hackshield Initialization Error : 0x0000000 (0)
- Another copy of Maplestory is already running. Please close all instances and try launching again.”
- The error message is very misleading. Even though you restarted your computer before running MapleStory.exe, and later check your TaskManager only to find 1 instance of MapleStory, you will still get stuck with this error. Below is a list of steps you must do to bypass this error. It took me around 5-6 hours to figure it out.
- Add MapleStory and HackShield to your Anti-Virus exception list so it does not prevent it from running them. If you do not know how to add, simply disable the Windows Firewall, 3rd-Party Anti-Virus and Anti-Security and run the game. With your protection disabled, its advisable not to browse through any unknown websites that might be infected with viruses. This first step will bypass the first MapleStory Block that reads something like this: Unable to Connect Server at this time. Please check whether the server is under maintenance or your firewall.
- If still fail, set your GameLauncher.exe compatibility mode to Windows XP SP 3 or Windows 7 (both tested by me and it works). Windows XP SP 2 failed to work though. Do not set the Compatiblity Mode for MapleStory.exe otherwise you will receive this error message: HackShied Initialization Error : 0x00000004 (4) = Error cccurs when the game client is executed in the Compatibility Mode provided by Windows XP. Game execution in Compatibility Mode is judged as a user with ill intentions, so program must be ended and restarted (value = 0x004) Please send the detailed information through. If you get that error message, just click the X button to close it, do not need click OK to send any personal information that might be save behind the scenes.
- Disable any Microsoft Adapter Loopback (Right-click on Network Icon on the Windows Start Panel, Click Open Network and Sharing Center, Click Change Adapter Settings, If you see multiple Loopback Adapters, disable all of them by right-clicking and click properties, and then disable.)
- Most important of all, do not use BlackCipher from maplestory.nexon.net, I have tested it and it did not work (The blackcipher.aes should be at least 2537KB and the BlackCall.aes should be around 290KB). By doing a manual update from hsupdate itself, it somehow downloaded the latest BlackCall.aes and BlackCipher.aes from the server) only then I was able to bypass this infamous HackShield Initialization Error 0x0000000. I have provided a download link (a copy of my 100% working BlackCipher) at the top of this guide for grabs and overwrite your entire BlackCipher folder with it. Of course you could backup your original folder firsts if you wish.
MapleStory HackShield Update Error : 0x30000030 (805306416)
[ERROR] HackShield Update Error : 0x30000030 (805306416) Cannot connect to the server. Please send detailed information through AhnReport.
- Sometimes Hackshield window pops up but nothing happens for 2-3 minutes.
- Open Task Manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC)
- Click PROCESSES Tab.
- Select MapleStory.exe from the list
- Click END PROCESS
- Restart your computer
- Erase all files in HShield folder in the MapleStory installation folder.
- Run MapleStory.exe
- Erasing files in HackShield will force MapleStory to create a new one with latest HackShield files.
Enable MapleStory.exe to access Internet if your Anti Virus/Internet Security/IP Blocker is blocking it.
- If you are running Windows Vista, you may need to enable WRITE permission for host file.
- Open hosts in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts using Notepad.
- Right-click host file and click PROPERTIES
- Click SECURITY tab.
- Click CHANGE PERMISSION, click EDIT
- Ensure you have write permission, click OK. (This is to enable you to edit the hosts file)
- Open hosts in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts using Notepad.
- Add this to bottom of hosts file: 126.96.36.199 hackshield.maplesea.com
- If you see: 188.8.131.52 guard.nexon.net (or something similar…), prefix a pound symbol: #184.108.40.206 guard.nexon.net
- Save file
MapleStory HackShield Initialization Error :0x00000203(515)
- Clik Start → RUN → type ” regedit “
- Under ” HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ”
- Go to SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \
- Right click EagleNT
- Select Permission.
- Click Advanced.
- Under tab ” Type “
- Remove all ” Deny ” type.
- Click OK.
- Back to Permissions
- Check ” Groups or User Names “
- Untick Deny and Tick Allow
- Apply, Okay and Restart.
- Click Start
- For Windows XP Users: Click RUN → Type “cmd” | For Windows Vista Users: Look for command prompt, right-click and click run as Administrator
- Type “netsh winsock reset”
- If it worked succesfully, it will tell you to restart your computer.
- If it requires elevation: Uncheck Account Control
- For Windows Vista Users: Control Panel → User Accounts and Family Safety → User Accounts → Turn User Account Control (on or off)
- Retry “netsh winsock reset”.
MapleStory HackShield Initialization Error (0x00000100)
HackShield Initialization failed. Please try again after rebooting machine, or killing malicious programs.
- Reinstalling MapleStory is the last resort since its kinda of a hassle unless you have downloaded the latest MapleStory Installer client. Sometimes , MapleStory patcher has some issues, corrupting the wz file.
- Unlike most people with slow internet connection (waits 8 hours just to download a 3.6 Gigabyte game), they do not have the luxury to wait to reinstall everything correctly.
- Usually the first method in dealing with hackshield is to ask another friend who is also playing the same MapleStory version as you to send his folder. You can ask him/her to host the file on mediafire.com (free hosting site – fast download for free user). Download his version and overwrite your current MapleStory hackshield. This works 100%.
- Second method is if you do not have any close friends playing MapleStory, then you can let MapleStory itself to recreate the hackshield folder. This is done by deleting the hackshield folder from MapleStory installation folder. And then rerun MapleStory.exe (if you are from GMS, run from the nexon browser – start/play game). It will then check if your hackshield exist, if not recreate. Delete HackShield folder and run MapleStory to force it recreate a new HackShield folder via auto-update or re-install MapleStory.
- The last resort is to reinstall MapleStory (if you have the full version) or install an older MapleStory version and patch it up to the current version (takes around 30 minutes or so depending on how many patches needs to be run.
MapleStory HackShield Update Error 0x3000FFFF (805371903)
HackShield Error 0x3000FFFF occurs when HackShield is unable to start due to a critical file is missing or corrupted.
- Make sure your Antivirus Software does not mistakenly delete HackShield files.
- Restore HackShield Files that is quarantined inside Anti-Virus Quarantine section.
- Also, set your Anti-Virus to ignore HackShield files as a virus threat.
- Repair HackShield Folder! If you have tried fixing your HackShield issue with other methods but failed, you can replace your HackShield folder with a brand new one listed below.
- Download the appropriate HackShield based on the application you faced issue and extract with a Zip Extractor (WinZip / WinRar / 7Zip).
- Take note that if you use old version of hackshield it might cause some issue.
- Combat Arms HackShield : Combat_Arms_HShield.zip
- HackShield Dragon Nest : Dragon_Nest_hackshield.zip
- Mabinogi HackShield : Mabinogi_HackShield.zip
- MapleStory HackShield : MapleStory_HackShield.zip (Last Updated: 9/01/2012)
- You can ask your trustworthy friend to send you the latest HackShield files too!
- Zip those essential HackShield files listed below into a .zip file.
- Send .zip file via e-mail or upload it to hosting site and send the download link.
- HackShield Essential Files: AhnUpCtl.dll, AhnUpGS.dll, AspINet.dll, Bz32Ex.dll, HSInst.dll, HSUpdate.env, HSUpdate.exe, mspatcha.dll, V3Hunt.dll, V3InetGS.dll
Unable to Connect into Login Server
If you are a MapleStory Senior who have not being playing MapleStory for few years or months, and later to find a nice job like Kanna being released and want to try it out, you download MapleStory Full Client, install it and later encounter this error message “Unable to Connect to Login Server”. When you check with your friends about whether MapleStory server is active or try here at SouthPerry GMS Server Status, all the world seems ONLINE instead of OFFLINE. So whats next? The error message here is a little misleading but still hits a nail. You need to disable your anti-virus and firewall temporarily and try again. If it works, re-enable them after you are login to your character. But don’t be happy yet as you might encounter the infamous HackShield Initialization Error 0x00000000 (0) as discussed below with some solution provided.
MapleStory Disconnection Every 1 Minute Exact Or Few Minutes
I tested GMS MapleStory with an online stopwatch and found out that MapleStory always disconnect me after 1 minute. If you are lucky, between 5 minutes to 30 minutes. I have not found a solution to this error. If you do know, please share your solution by posting a comment below. Below are things I have tested on Windows 7 Ultimate Operating System:
0. Disable Firewall (3rd Party and Windows) + Anti-Virus.
1. Tried different worlds (Bera, Scania, Zenith) still dc within 1 minute.
2. Tried bypass BlackCipher with HInjector + bc_bypass.dll
3. Terminated BlackCipher.aes from TaskManager.
4. Tried login into different characters (Kanna, Explorer, Cygnus).
5. Tried changing compatibility mode for GameLauncher.exe
6. Tried changing compatibility mode for HackShield exe applications.
[TEMPORARY-SOLUTION] Change Channel before the 1 minute duration expires! Example, kill 10 monsters, change to next channel, and repeat.
[PERMANENT-SOLUTION] For Windows 7 users, try installing MapleStory under C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\MapleStory folder instead of C:\Nexon\MapleStory folder.
My character disconnected after entering a portal
The portal itself isn’t broken, probably one of your files is corrupt. I just tried going through every single portal in the tutorial and after the tutorial without a crash. You’ll probably have to re-install MapleStory if you’re crashing, that’s what I did. However, if that still fails see Issue 6 for the next solution.
My character stucked in a beginner place. How to get out?
If you tried to enter a map from the beginner place of Kanna (Momijigaoka), then disconnected and now stuck and can’t log in on it, you can do the following steps to get out of this sticky situation: Exit MapleStory Application and let it sit for approximately 5 minutes. Then try login back on and everything worked fine. If this issue still persist, you have 3 methods of exiting Kanna map:
- Use Mercedes Link Skill Map to teleport out of Momijigaoka Area.
- Use Cash Shop Teleport Rock to teleport out of Kanna Beginner Training Ground after you have done the necessary quest in that area.
- Earn at least 5000 mesos in the training dojo then use the dimensional mirror to go to NLC (New Leaf City), and from there, take the subway to Kerning City.
[Brief bug summary] Kanna char DCs and gets locked after trying to enter the 2nd portal after the tutorial. Seems others are DCing in the new town, and I’m guessing that portal leads to the new town. [Steps to reproduce Issue 6] Create Kanna char, skip tutorial, go into first portal with pop-up quests completed. Finish quests in next map and enter portal. You will DC and if you try to log on you will DC again.
Solution 1: Steam
- Full Credit For This Solution Belongs To DUCKMANNEO From BasilMarket.com. I’ve been using Windows 8 and like a LOT of people, I was receiving this error: MapleStory:
- MapleStory.exe – Application error. The instruction at 0x0062db33 referenced memory at 0x05055215. The memory could not be written. Now, a lot of people said to “play in steam” and “play in another compatibility mode” and those simply didn’t help or change anything at all. I found this solution online last night and I wanted to share it for those of you that are still have trouble with the game not loading up and giving that error message above. This is what people meant when they said “Play the game in steam”. IT wasn’t as simple as downloading the game on Steam and playing.
- Go to: http://store.steampowered.com/
- In the top right corner, hit “install steam”
- While it’s loading, create a steam account here: https://store.steampowered.com/join/
- Now open up file explorer and go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam”
- Create a new folder and call it “Steamapps”.
- Create a new folder in Steamapps and call it “Common”.
- Then go to “C:\Nexon”
- Copy the “MapleStory” folder and paste it in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common”
- Launch Steam and go to “Library”
- In the bottom left corner, click “Add A Game”
- Click on MapleStory and then Add it.
- Right click MapleStory (in your taskbar) and click “Properties”
- Change the Target to this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\MapleStory\nxsteam.exe”
- Now just launch MapleStory from your taskbar. It requires you are logged into Steam. You can only link one Nexon account to one Steam account so if you wanna switch Maple accounts, you gotta make/change your Steam account and all that.
- PLEASE NOTE: I don’t know how it the result will be for other people, but at first I got three crash errors. After that, the game loaded. Since then, I have launched the game 6 times with no errors. I hope this works for everyone else that’s having this issue and I’ll check back every so often to answer questions if I am able to.
Solution 2: Non-Steam
- If you don’t want to use steam or if it still doesn’t work for you. here’s a solution.
- Move your Nexon/Maplestory folder to Program files x86
- Go to the Nexon/Maplestory folder when inside the Program files x86
- Create a shortcut for “Gamelauncher.exe”
- Drag it out to your Desktop. (Optional step rename your shortcut.)
- Right click on the shortcut and go to “properties”.
- Under “target” after the quotes press space bar once and add the following line “-opengl” without the quotes
- Press ok
Solution 3: Install in different folder
- In patch v.124, Nexon fixed the Windows 8 Compatibility issues.
- However, for some users, an Application Error continues to occur after the patch.
- The problem: HackShield loads up, BlackCiph3r loads, and then an Application Error appears.
- The cause: MapleStory v.123 was not completely removed from the computer BEFORE installing MapleStory v.124. Therefore, the leftover files from v.123 caused the error.
- The fix: Go to Control Panel → Programs → Uninstall a Program, and uninstall MapleStory from the programs list. Download MapleStory. Install MapleStory v.124 to a different folder, DON’T INSTALL to C:/Nexon. After the installation was finished, start MapleStory from the website. Congratulations! It should work smoothly now. I’ve tried starting the game multiple times, and it works perfectly. Enjoy playing MapleStory!
MapleStory extreme lag when visiting towns/cities? MapleStory Is there a fix for terrible town/city lag? MapleStory Massive in town lag There are numerous MapleStory players who had issues with visiting towns that has many NPCs (Non-Player Characters) especially the implementation of Cassandra. The method I used to fix this is by upgrading my computer specs. Previously I used an Intel Pentium dual-core with 2GB, and it lags horribly. After I upgraded to a quad-core with 8GB RAM+ and with an SSD in place, all these issues have gone away. For laptop users, you can set your battery usage as High Performance, then connect it to a power supply. Also close all other applications that you are not using.
MapleStory now utilizes a hack detector called Black Cipher to combat game exploits and malicious hacks, along with HackShield/Xigncode, to provide another layer of game security. Black Cipher may appear as the program “BlackCipher.aes” in the task manager. Source: MapleSEA
NGS ERROR 0xD1800101
- Download and overwrite these 2 files into your BlackCipher folder: BlackCall.aes and BlackCipher.aes
- Locate the Black Cipher folder in the MapleSEA game client folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizet\MapleStorySEA\BlackCipher)a
- Replace BlackCipher.aes and BlackCall.aes files with the new ones you have downloaded.
NGS ERROR 0xD1800201
- Download and overwrite following file into your BlackCipher folder: BlackXchg.aes
- Locate the Black Cipher folder in the MapleSEA game client folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizet\MapleStorySEA\BlackCipher)
- Replace the BlackXchg.aes file with the new ones you have downloaded.
NGS Error D0000
The error code D0000 occurs when the Nexon Game Security (NGS) detects a potentially malicious program active, resulting in the game disconnecting as the program is not compatible with the game. If you’re receiving the error code D0000, please be sure to close or disable any third party programs on your computer before launching MapleStory.
NGS Error C0000005
This error message may occur when using the TrendMicro Anti-Virus program while the “Enable machine-learning” option is enabled. By default, this option is enabled following installation of TrendMicro Anti-Virus. To determine if your error is related to this feature, please temporarily uncheck the “Enable machine-learning” option from within the TrendMicro Anti-Virus options. From the Protection Settings, navigate to Scan Preferences and locate the “Enable machine-learning to protect from new or unknown threats” checkbox. Once disabled, re-launch MapleStory.
NGS Launch Errors EC000703, EC000705, E2300103, or E2300106
If you are receiving one of the following error codes, then your NGS files may not have permissions to launch, or is being preventing from launching properly.
- Run Nexon Launcher as Admin
- Shut down the Nexon Launcher.
- Locate and right-click on your Nexon Launcher shortcut.
- Select “Open file location” to locate the main launcher application.
- Right-click on the “nexon_launcher” to open the launcher properties.
- On the “Compatibility” tab, checkt he box for “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click on “Apply” and “Ok” to close the properties window.
- Should this continue, then your Anti-Virus or Firewall program may be further preventing NGS from launching.
- It is advised that you configure your Anti-Virus or Firewall programs to allow the Nexon Launcher and its subsequently launched processes.
NGS Update Errors E3010205 or E3010201
If you are receiving either of the following error codes, then your NGS files may not have updated properly. To resolve this, follow the steps below:
- Download the MS2 Black Cipher files from the Nexon America website. http://guard.nexon.net/MS2/NGS/Zip/MS2_BlackCipher.zip
- Navigate to the current Black Cipher folder for MapleStory 2. Default locaton is C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory2\appdata\BlackCipher
- Unzip the newly downloaded Black Cipher files into the Your MapleStory 2 Black Cipher folder.
As of September 16, 2015 MapleStory will be using Xigncode instead of Hackshield to block user from hacking. Source: MapleSEA
HOW TO REPORT XIGNCODE ISSUES?
Inquiry Type: General
Message Body: XignCode Error (Code and/or Message)
Attachment Link: “xigncode.log” after compressing the file (using .zip or.rar).
Please upload the attachment to a free hosting website (eg. dropbox) and send us the link.
Where is the xigncode.log located? Default directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizet\MapleStorySEA
File name: xigncode.log
XIGNCODE INITIALIZATION ERROR (0x%08X)
Did you receive the XignCode message: “Illegal programs detected” (0x00000000)?
This message is displayed only when a suspicious activity is detected on your computer. Please restart your PC, then carry out the PC System Stabilization steps as described below.
Ways to Stabilize Your PC
- Keep your operating system up-to-date by updating Windows.
- Check your system again. Update your anti-virus program, then please try running a search. If you’re not currently using an anti-virus program, please download one from the link: Microsoft Security Essentials
- Close any unnecessary programs from the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del).
- Uninstall the game, and carry out a fresh install: Control Panel → Uninstall a Program → Uninstall MapleStory
- Remove the MapleStory installation folder: (default directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizet\MapleStorySEA).
- Please download MapleStory again from the official homepage.
- If the problem continues after the system check, please send a ticket to MapleSEA iBox Customer Support with the xigncode.log file. The .log file can be found under the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizet\MapleStorySEA.
- Runtime errors related to XignCode require a specific process of care. Please always check the PC Specifications to ensure you are running a compatible system. If this did not solve the problem, please contact us.
XIGNCODE UPDATE FAILED (0xE0191009)
- Check internet connection and DNS settings.
- Turn off anti-virus’ real-time function, firewall and Windows firewall and retry.
- If the error recurs, please send a ticket to MapleSEA iBox Customer Support with the download link of your xigncode.log file.
The error occurs when game client is executed more than once.
XIGNCODE ILLEGAL PROGRAM DETECTED (0xE019100B, 0xE019100C)
- Delete any kind of hack tools in your PC.
- Make sure to scan all files from your PC with an anti-virus / malware program that is updated to the latest version.
- Delete all files in the “temp” folder before starting the game. The default location is C:\users\computer name\appdata\local\temp
- If the error recurs, please send a ticket to MapleSEA iBox Customer Support with the download link of your xigncode.log file.
- xxd.xem file detected and deleted via anti-virus program.
- Update your anti-virus program to the latest version.
- Add MapleStorySEA game client and its sub-folders into the Anti-virus program’s exclusion or exception list.
Windows Operating Issue
Permission error – Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.
Here is how I solved my issue –
1. On the root folder, right click, select properties, select security tab.
2. Click Advanced
3. The window that pops up should show the current owner. Click “Change.” The “Select User or Group” pop up box appears.
4. In the text box, type in your current user name (you should be an admin), and hit the “Check Names” button. Your name will be replaced with the “official” system name (i.e.,preceded by computer name and back slash).
5. Click OK
6. The box disappears, sending you back to the Advanced Security Settings window.
7. A new tick box appears below owner, with the text “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” Select this tick box.
8. I also selected the tick box “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object”, but I think I had to run this twice – once with this box ticked and once without.
9. Make sure that “everyone” appears on the Permission entries window, if not, click add. The same box that appears in step 4 shows up again. Type everyone, click “Check Names” and then “OK”
9. Hit apply
I also see that the folder ownership can be changed to “everyone” – I haven’t tried changing all my folder owners to this, but doing so might eliminate this issue altogether if the drive is moved to a different computer.
Running MapleStory failed due to elevation required.
Unable to execute file: C:\Nexon\Wizet\MapleStorySEA\MapleStory.exe
CreateProcess failed; code 740.
The requested operation requires elevation.
Right-click on MapleStory.exe, click “Run as Administrator”.