Maple Union is a new feature added in MapleStory Beyond Patch update to replace Character Cards and Part Time Job system. To enroll your characters to be a Maple Union member, they must complete 2nd Job Advancement which is done at Level 60, except for Zero who needs to reach level 130. Maple Union quests are provided by the NPC named as “Ms. Appropriation the Dragon Slayer (Maple Union)” when you have at least 3 Maple Union members and the Union Level of all members in Maple Union is at least 500 levels.
Maple Union Overview
What is Maple Union?
What is Maple Union Level?
What is Maple Union Rank?
Attack Unit and Combat Power
Battle Map and Character Bricks
Maple Union Character Rank
Characters in the Maple Union have their Character Rank increased according to their level.
- Rank SSS: Level 250
- Rank SS: Level 200-249
- Rank S: Level 140-199 (Zero: Level 180-199)
- Rank A: Level 100-139 (Zero: Level 160-179)
- Rank B: Level 60-99 (Zero: Level 130-159)
Maple Union Attacker Effects
|Aran||70% to recover HP||2/4/6/8/10%|
|Beast Tamer||Ignore Enemy Defense||+1/2/3/5/6%|
|Blaster||Ignore Enemy Defense||+1/2/3/5/6%|
|Blaze Wizard | Flame Wizard||INT||+10/20/40/80/100|
|Dawn Warrior | Soul Master||HP||+250/500/1000/2000/2500|
|Demon Avenger||Boss Damage||+1/2/3/5/6%|
|Demon Slayer||Status Resistance||+1/2/3/4/5|
|Evan||70% to recover MP||+2/4/6/8/10%|
|Mercedes||Reduce Skill Cooldown||+2/3/4/5/6%|
|Night Lord||Critical Rate||+1/2/3/4/5%|
|Shade | Eunwol||Critical Damage||+1/2/3/5/6%|
|Thunder Breaker | Striker||STR||+10/20/40/80/100|
|Wild Hunter||20% to boost damage||+4/8/12/16/20%|
|Wind Breaker | Wind Archer||DEX||+10/20/40/80/100|
|Xenon||STR, DEX and LUK||+5/10/20/40/50|
Maple Union Tetris/Brick Stats
|Stats||Value per Square||Total Squares||Total Stat|
|STR, DEX, INT, LUK||5||15||75|
Maple Union Ranks (Level/Coin Requirement)
Recommended rank to get is Master Union 1 by leveling 27 characters to Level 200.
|Union Rank||Max Union Attackers||Req. Total Union Level||Req. Coins|
|Novice Union 1||9||500||0|
|Novice Union 2||10||1000||120|
|Novice Union 3||11||1500||140|
|Novice Union 4||12||2000||150|
|Novice Union 5||13||2500||160|
|Veteran Union 1||18||3000||170|
|Veteran Union 2||19||3500||430|
|Veteran Union 3||20||4000||450|
|Veteran Union 4||21||4500||470|
|Veteran Union 5||22||5000||490|
|Master Union 1||27||5500||510|
|Master Union 2||28||6000||930|
|Master Union 3||29||6500||960|
|Master Union 4||30||7000||1000|
|Master Union 5||31||7500||1030|
|Grand Master Union 1||36||8000||1060|
|Grand Master Union 2||37||8500||2200|
|Grand Master Union 3||38||9000||2300|
|Grand Master Union 4||39||9500||2350|
|Grand Master Union 5||40||10000||2400|
Attacker Level Damage Formula
Note: LV = Level. LV3 denotes multiplication of itself 3 times. Source: StrategyWiki
Recommended level for Maple Union mule characters is (Lv.140 unfunded) and (Lv.200 funded)
|60 ~ 99||120,500 ~ 497,650||0.5 x L3 + 12500|
|100 ~ 139||612,500 ~ 1,623,871||0.6 x L3 + 12500|
|140 ~179||1,933,300 ~ 4,027,237||0.7 x L3 + 12500|
|180 ~ 199||4,678,100 ~ 6,316,979||0.8 x L3 + 12500|
|200 ~ 209||8,012,500 ~ 9,141,829||1 x L3 + 12500|
|210 ~ 219||10,199,600 ~ 11,566,305||1.1 x L3 + 12500|
|220 ~ 229||12,257,700 ~ 13,822,837||1.15 x L3 + 12500|
|230 ~ 239||14,612,900 ~ 16,394,803||1.2 x L3 + 12500|
|240 ~ 250||17,292,500 ~ 19,543,750||1.25 x L3 + 12500|
Attacker Star Force Damage Formula
Note: SF = Star Force. SF3 denotes multiplication of itself 3 times. Source: StrategyWiki
Recommended Star Force for Maple Union mule characters is (SF.60 unfunded) and (SF.120 funded).
|0 ~ 59||765 ~ 11700||0.1 x SF3 + 15 x SF2 + 750 x SF1|
|60 ~ 119||133,910 ~ 518,449||0.11 x SF3 + 16.5 x SF2 + 825 x SF1|
|120 ~ 179||577,060 ~ 1,428,579||0.12 x SF3 + 18 x SF2 + 900 x SF1|
|180 ~ 229||1,569,210 ~ 2,810,793||0.13 x SF3 + 19.5 x SF2 + 975 x SF1|
|230 ~ 259||3,060,780 ~ 4,118,008||0.14 x SF3 + 21 x SF2 + 1050 x SF1|
|260 ~ 289||4,456,150 ~ 5,831,233||0.15 x SF3 + 22.5 x SF2 + 1125 x SF1|
|290 ~ 319||6,276,140 ~ 8,026,445||0.16 x SF3 + 24 x SF2 + 1200 x SF1|
|320 ~ 349||8,598,510 ~ 10,786,104||0.17 x SF3 + 25.5 x SF2 + 1275 x SF1|
|350||11,507,500||0.18 x SF3 + 27 x SF2 + 1350 x SF1|
Maple Union FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Maple Union?
- Maple Unions are units of your characters in the same world.
- Not all your characters are eligible to join Maple Unions.
- They must be at least Character Level 60 and completed 3rd Job Advancement.
- If you have 40 or more characters in the same world, only the 40 highest-Leveled characters can join your Maple Union.
- If you have multiple Zero characters, only the highest-leveled one that is at least Level 130 can join your Maple Union.
- If you have multiple jobs of the same kind, example: 10 of Level 250 Eunwol/Shade in your account, you can see 10 Eunwol/Shade in Maple Union, but you will only receive a single Attacker Effect of Eunwol/Shade which is 6% Critical Damage and not 60% Critical Damage. Still, those 10 Eunwol/Shade will still boost up your Maple Union Level and can still be placed on to the board.
What is Union Level?
- Your Union Level is the total of your Maple Union members’ Character Levels.
- The higher your Union Level, the higher you can increase your Union Rank and the stronger your Maple Union will be.
- You can check your Union Level ranking on our official website.
What is Maple Union Rank?
- Your Union Rank is the indication of your growth, which you can increase at certain Union Levels.
- The higher your Union Rank, the more Attack Unit Members you can add to occupy more parts of the Battle Map.
- Increasing your rank at a certain Union Level requires Union Coins.
Attack Unit and Combat Power
- The Attack Unit is the unit of characters added to the Battle Map.
- The members of the Attack Unit can join the Union Raid and fight formidable enemies, collecting Union Coins.
- Also, they activate different Attack Unit Member effects and Attack Unit Occupation Effects, depending on their character type and Battle Map occupation status, increasing stats for all your characters in the same world.
Battle Map and Character Bricks
- The Battle Map is a map you can occupy by adding your Attack Unit Members strategically. It consists of 16 areas, 8 internal and 8 external areas.
- Each area offers different character stats, and the more bricks you occupy, the greater your stat bonus.
- Stats for the 8 internal areas are customizable. Those for the 8 external areas are not.
- Drag and drop a character onto the Battle Map, and it’ll appear in the shape of a brick, occupying a part of the Battle Map.
- Character bricks grow differently from their original shape, depending on their Level and Job.
- When you first add characters to the Battle Map, the very first character brick must be added to one of the 4 central areas.
- You can add the rest to where ever you want, placing them next to each other or even stacking them on top of each other.
- Character bricks can be rotated and inverted to create desired shapes, and can be unequipped with a right-click.
Maple Union Raid
- The Union Raid is considered Combat content that you can use with your Attack Unit members.
- You can enter it by selecting one of your Attack Unit Members and pressing the Join Battle button in the Union UI.
- Enter the Raid, and you’ll see your Attack Unit Members already fighting.
- Two types of monsters appear in the Union Raid.
- The first one is the gigantic dragon in the center of the battlefield.
- Your Attack Unit Members will automatically attack the dragon.
- The character you are controlling can also attack the dragon, but once it runs out of the green portion of its HP, it puts up a barrier, blocking your attacks and letting only the damage from the other Attack Unit Members.
- Your Attack Unit Members will continue to fight the gigantic dragon even after you leave, earning you Union Coins.
- The number of Union Coins that they have earned are settled when they leave the Raid.
- I suggest you visit me (Ms. Appropriation the Dragon Slayer Maple Union NPC) and collect the Coins that your Attack Unit Members have collected for you.
What is the cap of Maple Union Coins?
- Q: Do you have to pick up the Legion Coins that are inside the Raid daily, as in do they reset? Or do they carry over to the next reset until you go inside and grab them.
- You don’t have to pick them up daily, but there’s a cap on the number of coins that are saved up before any further coins earned will be wasted.
- For the Nameless tier that’s 200 coins. 300 for Renowned, 500 for Heroic, and probably 1k or something for Legendary but at that point you won’t really care that much about coins.
Maple Union Star Force Equip for Mule
- Cracked/Solid Belt and Pendant (purchase, 20 SF)
- Horntail Earring (purchase, 10 SF)
- Horntail Ring (purchase, 10 SF)
- Ifia’s Ring (if available for purchase, 10 SF)
- Zakum Eye Accessory: Aquatic Letter Eye Accessory (purchase, 8 SF)
- Zakum Face Accessory: Condensed Strength Crystalline (purchase, 10 SF)
- Any gear set Level +120: Hat, Glove, Shoe, Cape, Overall, Weapon (purchase, 70 SF)
- Magnus Shoulder Pad: Royal Black Metal Shoulder (purchase, 10 SF)
- Total Star Force = 150
Level 100 – Aquatic Letter Eye Accessory
Job: Any, All Stats +6, Weapon Attack +1, Magic Attack +1, Defense +100
Number of Upgrades: 3, Tradeable until equipped, Boss Accessory Set
Dropped by: Zakum, Chaos Zakum
Level 110 – Condensed Power Crystal
Job: Any, All Stats +5, Weapon Attack +5, Magic Attack +5, Defense +100
Number of Upgrades: 5, Tradeable until equipped
Level 120 – Horntail Necklace
Job: Any, All Stats +7, Defense +108, Number of Upgrades: 2
Can be traded with Scissors of Karma, Charm EXP (when first equipped) +60, Sold for 33,000 meso, Boss Accessory Set
Dropped by: Easy Horntail, Horntail
Level 110 – Silver Blossom Ring
Job: Any, All Stats: +5, Weapon Attack: +2, Magic Attack: +2
Number of Upgrades: 2, Tradeable until equipped, Boss Accessory Set
Dropped by: Easy Horntail, Horntail, Chaos Horntail
Level 130 – Dea Sidus Earring
All Stats: +5, Weapon Attack: +2, Magic Attack: +2 ,Defense: +50
Number of Upgrades 6, Tradeable until equipped, Boss Accessory Set
Dropped by: Easy Horntail, Horntail, Chaos Horntail
MapleStory Maple Union Videos
Ayumilove MapleStory Union aka Legion System Preview
Explaining MapleStory’s Maple Union System
MapleStory: The Importance of Star Force for Maple Union
MapleStory Maple Union Star Force Guide
your hayato jobs page cant open ,
can help to fix?
Hiya! Just to point out that there’s an error in the Attacker Star Force Formula; it’s 765~117003, not 765~11700!
@Johnnn: Hi, I would highly recommend to create characters that have link skills as described in this guide: https://ayumilove.net/maplestory-link-skills-guide/ (around 14 characters) – This way you will benefit from both link skills boost damage as well as the primary stat gained. Once you are really funded with equips, those primary stats does not matter much because the bulk of those primary stats will come from equipment alone (% primary stats, %boss atk, %ATK). Pro Maplers will aim for stats that are much more difficult to attain or the ones that their character is lack of (e.g. Distributing more points into Boss Damage %, Critical Damage, Ignore Defense). If you are just starting, get your Critical Rate up to 100%. With that alone, you will be doing 2X damage which increases your training speed immensely. Double damage will let you train on monsters way higher than your level to gain more experience points or train on monsters at same level as you with 1 Hit KO. If you are clearing the map so fast, its time to move up to the next challenging map with monsters with better EXP. If your end goal is to reach level 210 fast (to get Level 3 link skills), put points into EXP instead of Boss Damage.
hi ayumi, appreciate your contents, I’m just wondering what your recommendation would be for me as a paladin to boost damage via the maple union system, do I just create characters with STR stats like ark, buccaneer, etc? There are only 6 characters with STR stats to start with, if I level 6 of them till 140 I get 40*6 240 STR for my main character(paladin)? What other 14 characters u recommend to boost damage? Since u recommend creating 20 chars. Thanks in advance.
Hi, are mastery books necessary on union mules? I dont feel like spending 150m on something that doesnt matter
@UtterlyConfused: Yes, Star Force allows your character in Maple Union to inflict more damage against the Big Bad Dragon, in return you gain more Maple Union coins per day. These Maple Coins allow you to upgrade your equips with Epic Potential Scroll and Potential Stamp (to upgrade the number of Potential Lines). As a result, your main character will become powerful too.
I don’t get it, so does Star Force affects the damage of your main character? Or just the big bad dragon?
@jimmy: Zen is the job introduced in CMS/TMS/MapleSEA whereas for EMS/GMS its represented as Jett. Both of these jobs (Jett and Zen) have the same skill set but different skill animation.
Zen Critical Damage +1/2/3/5/6%?
Hi Ayumi thanks for the guides. Could I check if Buff Duration from maple union stacks with Buff duration from inner abilities and Mechanic’s ability? Or does maple just take the highest? Ie if maple union has 40% IA has 50% and mechanic gives 20% buff duration, are they additional?
@Ltohack: Thanks! I have missed Illium from this guide. I’ll add it now 🙂
Also added Ark in the same time.
Illium’s union effect has not been posted here yet!
“MAPLE UNION EFFECT: INT +10/20/40/80/100”
@Jin: Only characters placed on the Union board will provide their passive stats. That’s the reason why the Union board have the limitation on the number of characters that can be placed on the board. Increasing the character capacity that the Union board can handle allows user to have more characters placed and as a result provides more passive stats to all of your characters in-game unlike Link Skills which only favors 1 character.
Do any character that give stats passively or when put into the Union get affected by % stats from equipment?
@all: Guide Updated.
1. Added Maple Union Attacker’s Star Force damage formula.
2. Added Maple Union Attacker’s Level damage formula.
@Sinnatrue: I’m not familiar with KMS Maple M character so I couldn’t comment on it.
@vincent: MapleSEA replaces character card system with Maple Union system also known as Maple Legion system. The new system does not provide much buff compared the older system in the early stage. However, as you unlock higher rank to allow more characters to participate, this eventually gets you more stats and allow customization/specific stats to be obtained from 40 characters rather than 9 characters (3 characters per dec for 3 full decks).
@Blade: The fastest way to build up your Union army and farm coins in the beginning would be getting 20 characters all at Level 200, which will get you Verteran Union 3 (20 max union attackers). For unfunded players is having 40 characters at level 140 which results in unlocking Master Union 1 (27 max union attackers).
@AngelicOP: Are you referring to GMS (Global MapleStory)? GMS supports Legion system also known as Maple Union system. They recently released this update patch to MapleStory. With this update, you can utilize all your characters to help you farm coins. The coins can be used to purchase EXP potions, Item drop rate potions and more to help you speed up your leveling progression, item crafting, etc.
Did union come up in MapleStory United States server
I’m trying to figure out how best to build and shape my legion for maximum effectiveness. Like a good shape to aim for or focus on to get the best amount of power. I understand it’s all dependent on legion rank and level of characters, so do you think It would be possible to make a general guide for rising through the legion ranks and shaping the batlemap?
did MapleSEA remove character card system to replace Maple Union ?
Does anyone know if the buffs can stack with each other (like can the Legion Might stack with Cold Winter)?
I heard kms has Maple M character in union too. if you link account maple m with maple id.
Any idea ayumi ?
@Kingu: Thanks for the notice! I have perform the necessary correction 🙂
Lvl 60 is 3rd job not 2nd job. @Ayumilove
I’m curious about evan’s skill effect, does the mp recovery have a cooldown or is it just 70% chance with every hit you do.
@Menemeno: I have added Jett into the list! Jett is same as Zen which provides Critical Damage. Jett (GMS) vs Zen (MSEA).
Hum Jett is missing in the attacker sheet is it normal ?
@TreeNuggets: To retrieve the coins, click the menu button and click on the “Maple Union” option. This brings up the Maple Union window. Click “Join Battle” to enter the dragon map. Once entered, click “Exit” button to visit the NPC. Talk to NPC to gain Maple Union Coins and later exit the Maple Union map. I recommend you to try using a level 60 or above character to join battle.
I left my maple union for a few days and it reached the coin limit. i don’t know how can i possible to retrieved the coin, when i cant join battle( its says i had to on the character in the exit map to retrieve the coin) and i don’t have any character in the exit map of maple union. is there any access to the exit map or something. Or should i just give up and left the thing dead?
Oh wait, Aaron you mean the Stat from the Union Board or from the Union Characters?
I can confirm Stat from Union Characters are not affected by Potential Stat% but not sure whether those Stat gained from the Union Board brick affected or not, never bother to test it out.
“Is the maple union effects like addition of STR affected by the STR% (potential)”
@Aaron – No, they’re not affected by Potential Stat%.
I added a lvl200 Soul Master which gives 2,000 HP to the Union Board. My DA max HP only increased by EXACTLY 2,000 despite I have tons of HP% Potential on my equipments so I can say for sure Stat from Union Characters are not affect d by Potential Stat%.
@Jenn you need at least 500 union levels to participate, you have a total of 493 so it should work once you get those 7 levels
wow thx very much for guide *.*
@Jenn you dont have a total of 500 levels (thats what you need to access the legion system) 493 is your total. Level any of the characters you have over 60 7 levels and you have access.
According to some gms players and a rude guy on stream, they said that starforce bonus doesnt cap at 180, is that true?
u need at least 9 or 10 character in order to use union
@Jenn: Could you provide a screenshot of the Maple Union quest message?
I have a 204 Bowmaster, 160 Eunwol, 62 Windbreaker and a 67 Phantom but my Union quest says I am short of something? is there a pre-requisite or something?
Which class would be the fastest to level to 140 to boost union levels?
@Ezm: I believe that it will only receive the effects of a unique job that is the highest level placed on the Maple Union board.
If you have 10 Level 200 Eunwols in Maple Union, you will only receive the Attacker Effect of 3% Critical Damage.
If you have 9 Level 200 Eunwols and 1 Level 250 Eunwol/Shade in Maple Union, you receive the Attacker Effect of 6% Critical Damage.
However, having multiple Eunwol/Shade does boost up your Union Level and still can be placed on to the board.
Can i have 40 of the same job class if i wanted to and get the effects?
For ezample having 10 lv200 eunwols for 30% crit dmg?
How does Wild Hunter Effect work? Increases your total dmg ?
@Aaron: I believe that Maple Union stats (e.g. STR/DEX/INT/LUK) is affected by STR%/DEX%/INT%/LUK%.
Is the maple union effects like addition of STR affected by the STR% (potential)
@Maak: The MapleStory Card Deck system is replaced with Maple Union system in Maplestory Beyond Patch.
@duck: I have added Hayato, Kanna and Zen into the list. 🙂
@Zack: You can have a maximum of 40 Maple Union Characters (Level 250 x 40 characters = 10,000 Maple Union (Level) = Obtain the “Grand Master Union 5” Rank. You need to meet the required total union level to unlock more Union attackers. I have provided a table of the MapleStory Union Ranks for more details 🙂
update the list with kanna and hayato! MSEA has reached BEYOND patch
hmm so now don’t have the deck bonus effect already right?
What is the maximum number of Union characters that we can have?
@David: Jobs that are not available in KMS such as Beast Tamer, Jett, Zen, Hayato, Kanna will not be available until it reaches GMS/MSEA/JMS as they will be providing those data!
Aww, does this mean Jetts don’t receive one? I know they aren’t available to KMS and all, but they didn’t implement one anyways for GMS?