Kanna is one of MapleStory Sengoku’s Magician who wields a Fan and has a trusty companion (white fox) named Haku to accompany her in battle. Haku can transform into many forms including human-form. Kanna uses Spiritual Power instead of MP to perform special abilities. Her primary stat is INT (Intellect). GMS (Global MapleStory) released Kanna the Spirit Walker on February 27 2013 whereas JMS (Japan MapleStory) released Kanna, the Diviner on August 16 2012. The time difference between JMS and GMS release is within 6 months, which meets the approximated prediction duration for new job releases. Kanna was made exclusive for JMS. The word “exclusive” is more or less to reflect the origin of the content rather than it is only hosted in one version.
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Magician
PRIMARY WEAPON: Fan (unique 2-handed weapon)
SECONDARY WEAPON: Fan (equipped on Haku)
PRIMARY STAT: Intelligence (INT)
LINK SKILL: Elementalism – Damage +5/10%
CHARACTER CARD: Boss Damage +1/2/3/4%
JOB SKILLS: I: Kanna → II: Kanna → III: Kanna → IV: Kanna → Hyper Skills → V: Kanna
Kanna Related Guides
GMS v.179 – MapleStory V 5th Job (2016-12-15)
GMS v.178 – Limitless (2016-11-29)
GMS v.166 – Asylum Update (2015-10-07)
GMS v.149 – Legacy of Nine (2014-05-12)
GMS v.143 – RED Part 1: First Impact (2013-12-04)
GMS v.142 – Dawnveil Demons of Tynerum (2013-10-16)
GMS v.131 – Hayato (2013-03-12)
GMS v.129 – Kanna (2013-02-26)
Kanna Pros and Cons
- *Share your pros on this job!*
- Fast Leveling with storyline quests.
- No MP required (saves mana potions), making it easy to save meso.
- Have skills that replenishes HP constantly as you battle with Haku.
- High damage and Highest HP among Magicians. Fast attack speed.
- Has 3 skills that hits the whole screen.
- Long Range Teleport compared to other mages (similar to Luminous/Phantom).
- Mount is dirt cheap at 100K
- Has high availability on good equipment.
- Summons that increase spawn rate.
- Best looking skill animations by far and pretty good looking weapons.
- Many useful skills and has incredible map control at third job.
- *Share your cons on this job!*
- Need to micro manage Spiritual Power upon reaching 3rd Job.
- Spiritual Power runs out fairly quickly but replenishes at a decent rate.
- 1st and 2nd Job training is kind of boring as most skills have cooldown timer.
Kanna, Japan, June 21 1582, Honnou-ji Temple in Kyoto: After years of turmoil, Oda Nobunaga finally seized control of Japan, but his desire for power only grew. He sought immortality, and the temple of Honnou-Ji would bring it to him. He prepared an ancient ritual of reincarnation that would see him reborn as The sixth Sky Demon King, but word of the ritual got out, and the feudal lords stormed Honnou-Ji to stop Nobunaga while it was still possible. In the end, a young Spirit Walker named Kanna disrupted the ritual, and the would-be dark lord’s plans crumbled around him. But victory came at a cost. Just as the ritual was disrupted, a great pillar of light lurched forth from the temple and transported everyone to a strange world. Now, Kanna must conquer this strange place and regain lost strength and allies in order to stop the dark ambitions of Nobunaga’s followers! Kanna’s destiny was foretold at birth but fortunes can be deceiving. When an evil force threatens the safety of the empire, Kanna must join forces with a certain Samurai to prevent the summoning of an evil beyond imagining. This class uses a combination of Fan attacks, ghosts and a pet fox to battle evil in style.
- Male Kanna characters will have new face and hair options when created.
- The default female Kanna hair has been updated.
- Female Kanna characters that have their original hair can speak with Maple Administrator in the Event Hall to change to the updated hair.
- Male Kanna characters that have their original hair or face can speak with Maple Administrator in the Event Hall to change to the updated hair or face.
- Mana recovery has been adjusted from recovering 50 Mana every 4 seconds to recovering 4 Mana every second.
- Haku’s human form appearance has been updated.
- Kanna is a certain type of magician called an onmyouji. Although this word is sometimes translated as “diviner” or “exorcist,” these are incomplete definitions, since each of these things are only part what comprises onmyoudou – the skills that onmyouji practice. Since there is no simple, direct translation that fully covers all of the particular skills of an onmyouji does, we’re using the transliteration of the word.
- Although Kanna is female as far as the story is concerned, you’ll be able to play as female or male version of Kanna.
- After the tutorial at Honnou-ji, your journey will continue at Momijigaoka, a new part of the Mushroom Shrine area of Zipangu.
- Due to the nature of her power Kanna’s skills draw on mystical power differently from the way skills do for most natural denizens of Maple World. This prevents her from restoring through her powers through mana potions, but her expended mana will quickly regenerate on its own.
- Kanna must have one of her special fans equipped in order to use all of her skills.
- Kanna’s constant companion and partner in fighting evil is the spirit fox Haku.
- Since she is from ancient Japan and her primary language is Japanese, Kanna voice is in Japanese. Her animated video has subtitles, and she speaks when performing some skills. The male version of Kanna has also been given voiceovers when performing certain skills.
- Kanna and her Sengoku allies and enemies are able to communicate with the denizens of their new home through the magic of Maple World. Thus, their text dialogue will be translated.
- The Tot’s Know-How guide system has been enabled for Kanna.
- Fans for Kanna have been added to the wares of many weapon vendors.
- Each Kanna character has its own individual Cash Inventory not shared with other characters.
MapleStory Kanna Video Skill Preview
Ayumilove MapleStory Kanna 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Job Skills Preview
Please refer to Shared Skill Build Guide for more details as it is shared among all jobs in MapleStory.
Kanna Beginner Skills
Elemental Blessing (Passive)
Kanna is blessed by the 5 elements, granting supernatural insight.
Level 1: Permanently increases Insight to Level 30, HP +15%, Damage from enemies – 15%, +HP while +MP item is equipped. +1 Magic Attack for every 700 HP.
Mana Font (Passive)
Kanna’s connection to the spiritual realm is extremely strong, lending her the ability to recover her Mana without aid of potions.
Level 1: Recovers 50 Mana every second, Fan-type Weapon Mastery +40%
Elementalism (Link Skill + Passive)
Deepens your connection to the elements to provide a permanent damage increase.
Level 1: Permanent Damage Increase: 5%
Level 2: Permanent Damage Increase: 10%
Haku, the loveable spirit fox, will follow you to the ends of the universe. The only thing Haku loves more than Kanna is Star Candy, and just by a tiny bit.
Level 1: Haku follows you around everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
Kanna Beginner Skill Build: Everything maxed.
Explanation: Skills listed above are Kanna’s innate abilities. No SP required.
Kanna 1st Job Skills
Shikigami Haunting (Active)
Calls forth a terrifying ghost to attack enemies in front of you. Does not consume Mana.
Level 1: Damage: 81%, Max Enemies Hit: 3, Number of Attacks: 2
Level 20: Damage: 100%, Max Enemies Hit: 3, Number of Attacks: 2
Note: Press skill button repetitively OR hold down skill button to chain up to 3 different Shikigami attacks.
Clay Yaksha (Active)
Conjures an earth spirit to draw in enemies.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 15, Damage: 71%, Max Enemies Hit: 6, Number of Attacks: 4
Level 20: Mana Cost: 15, Damage: 90%, Max Enemies Hit: 6, Number of Attacks: 4
Ether Pulse (Active)
Tap the skill key along with an arrow key to teleport in that direction. Any enemies between your start and end path will be damaged with a chance to stun. Teleport to a random spot by tapping the skill key without any direction keys.
Command for Normal Teleport: Skill Key + Directional Key
Command for Random Teleport: Skill Key
Level 1: Normal Teleport: Mana Cost: 5, Move Horizontal: 260, Move Vertical: 345, Max Enemies Hit: 15, Damage: 39%. 6% chance to Stun for 2 sec. Random Teleport: Mana Cost 5.
Level 15: Normal Teleport: Mana Cost: 5, Move Horizontal: 400, Move Vertical: 975, Max Enemies Hit: 15, Damage: 95%. 90% chance to Stun for 4 sec. Random Teleport: Mana Cost 5.
Center Ki (Passive)
Controls the flow of energy within the body to increase physical traits.
Level 1: Permanently increases INT by 3, LUK by 3
Level 10: Permanently increases INT by 30, LUK by 30
Haku’s Gift (Passive)
Haku, the elusive fox spirit, grants Kanna an increase to her Speed.
Level 1: Movement Speed +5
Kanna 1st Job Skill Build: Everything maxed.
0. Haku’s Gift (MAX)
1. Shikigami Haunting, Clay Yaksha (1)
2. Center Ki (MAX)
3. Ether Pulse (MAX)
4. Shikigami Haunting (MAX)
5. Clay Yaksha (MAX)
Unlock all attacking skills with 1 SP so you can reel enemy in (Clay Yaksha) and fan smack them (Shikigami Haunting – Kanna’s 1st Job Primary Skill). Next, max Center Ki (boost min-max damage), Ether Pulse (teleport and attack enemies or speed up travelling especially in large maps or far-located training grounds), Shikigami Haunting and lastly Clay Yaksha to improve reel-damage. You can max Center Ki early but take note that the additional early INT (Intellect) boost does not increase your Max MP since Kanna uses Spiritual Power capped at 100. Also LUK (Luck) boost will not be required at your current level. You will be 1 hit KO-ing weak enemies with Shikigami Haunting and later using teleport to kill while moving around the map once you maxed Ether Pulse.
Kanna 2nd Job Skills
Rock Yaksha (Active)
Conjures an earth spirit to push enemies closer to you.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 15, Damage: 101%, Max Enemies Hit: 6, Number of Attacks: 4
Level 20: Mana Cost: 15, Damage: 120%, Max Enemies Hit: 6, Number of Attacks: 4
Shikigami Charm (Active)
Zips past the enemies, leaving a paper charm behind. The charm draws enemies near, slowing them down and reducing their accuracy. The charm explodes after 5 seconds or after using Shikigami Haunting.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 25, Damage: 113%, Max Enemies Hit: 8, Number of Attacks: 3. Summon Duration: 5 seconds, Enemy Speed: -50, Enemy Accuracy: -20, Explosion Damage: 170%. Cooldown 12 Sec.
Level 15: Mana Cost: 25, Damage: 155%, Max Enemies Hit: 8, Number of Attacks: 3. Summon Duration: 5 seconds, Enemy Speed: -50, Enemy Accuracy: -20, Explosion Damage: 450%. Cooldown 7 Sec.
Haku Reborn (Supportive)
Haku takes human form to fight by Kanna’s side.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 50, Transformation Duration: 120 sec. Breath of the Unseen: Haku grants a 22% chance to resist knock-back and ignore 2% enemy defense. Haku’s Gift: Haku heals you up to 23% of your HP. Foxfire: Haku summons multiple foxfires for 60 sec. Has a 2% chance to nullify magic. Reflects 260% of damage. Each attack defended against uses up 1 fire. Haku’s Blessing: Haku casts a spell for 40sec to increase Magic Defense +20, Weapon Defense +20 and Magic Attack +2% of the equipped fan’s Attack Power.
Level 10: Mana Cost: 50, Transformation Duration: 300 sec. Breath of the Unseen: Haku grants a 40% chance to resist knock-back and ignore 20% enemy defense. Haku’s Gift: Haku heals you up to 50% of your HP. Foxfire: Haku summons multiple foxfires for 60 sec. Has a 20% chance to nullify magic. Reflects 800% of damage. Each attack defended against uses up 1 fire. Haku’s Blessing: Haku casts a spell for 40sec to increase Magic Defense +200, Weapon Defense +200 and Magic Attack +20% of the equipped fan’s Attack Power.
Uses MP to temporarily increase the attack speed of your fan by 2 levels.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 10, Attack Speed Increased: 20 sec
Level 10: Mana Cost: 10, Attack Speed Increased: 200 sec
Nimbus Curse (Active)
Summons a cloud to engulf the enemy. Enemies inside the cloud take damage over time.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 50, Damage: 72%, Max Enemies Hit: 15. Summon Duration: 10 sec, Cloud Damage: 110% per 1 sec for 3 sec. Cooldown 48 sec.
Level 15: Mana Cost: 50, Damage: 100%, Max Enemies Hit: 15. Summon Duration: 42 sec, Cloud Damage: 180% per 1 sec for 3 sec. Cooldown 48 sec.
Soul Bomb (Passive)
When your target dies, its soul explodes to damage nearby enemies.
Level 1: Max Enemies Hit: 4, Damage: 80%
Level 5: Max Enemies Hit: 4, Damage: 120%
Burning Shikigami Haunting (Passive)
Required Skill: Shikigami Haunting (MAX)
Channels Kagutsuchi, the god of fire, to add fire to Shikigami Haunting.
Level 1: Chance to set on fire on first hit: 21%, Duration: 3 sec, Fire Damage: 67% per sec. Additional Effect: Shikigami Haunting Damage Permanently: +25%
Level 20: Chance to set on fire on first hit: 40%, Duration: 6 sec, Fire Damage: 105% per sec. Additional Effect: Shikigami Haunting Damage Permanently: +25%
Haku’s Gift (Active)
Recovers Kanna’s HP.
Level 1: Recovers up to 23% of Max HP
Level 10: Recovers up to 50% of Max HP
Breath of the Unseen (Supportive)
A secret power only known to the fox spirits. Nullifies enemy knock-back attacks and ignores a portion of enemy defense.
Level 1: Duration: 60, Enemy DEF Ignored: 2%, Knock-Back Resist Chance: 22%
Level 10: Duration: 60, Enemy DEF Ignored: 20%, Knock-Back Resist Chance: 40%
Haku’s Blessing (Supportive)
Haku invokes the ancient blessing of the foxes, increasing Magic Attack and Defense.
Level 1: Duration: 40 sec, Magic Defense: 20, Weapon Defense: 20, Magic Attack: 2% min of Fan Attack Power
Level 10: Duration: 40 sec, Magic Defense: 200, Weapon Defense: 200, Magic Attack: 20% min of Fan Attack Power
Haku summons several foxfires. Each foxfire can be used to nullify an enemy spell or reflect damage back.
Level 1: Foxfires Summoned: 1, Duration: 22 sec, Magic Nullification Chance: 2%, Damage Reflected: 260%. 1 fire used per attack.
Level 10: Foxfires Summoned: 3, Duration: 40 sec, Magic Nullification Chance: 20%, Damage Reflected: 800%. 1 fire used per attack.
Kanna 2nd Job Skill Build: Everything maxed.
1. Burning Shikigami Haunting, Rock Yaksha, Shikigami Charm, Soul Bomb (1)
2. Haku Reborn (MAX)
3. Shikigami Charm (MAX)
4. Soul Bomb (MAX)
5. Nimbus Curse (MAX)
6. Burning Shikigami Haunting (MAX)
7. Radiant Peacock (MAX)
8. Rock Yaksha (MAX)
Rock Yaksha will be your primary attacking skill which is excellent in reeling in enemies (land and air) from far. However, it isn’t necessary to max it early since each level upgrade only increases by a mere 1% damage. Use Rock Yaksha instead of Shikigami Haunting if you can 1 hit kill them as its much faster to train that way. Soul Bomb is not that useful since the monster must be dead in order to benefit from the explosion. Level 1 Soul Bomb is sufficient since the explosion can draw attention of nearby dead enemies towards you so you can reel them in more effectively with Rock Yaksha. To effectively use Nimbus Curse, cast it when only there are many enemies around you! The poison mist only appears on the spot where there are enemies hit by the Nimbus Curse. You can max Radiant Peacock much later since the weapon speed does not seem significant. I couldn’t tell the amount of speed I gain with and without the buff since most of the kills are done in 1 hit.
Kanna 3rd Job Skills
Tengu Strike (Active)
Summons Tengu to attack enemies on either side of you.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 15, Damage: 162%, Max Enemies Hit: 8, Number of Attacks: 5, when Tengu attacks with lightning, applies 100% Critical Attack
Level 20: Mana Cost: 15, Damage: 200%, Max Enemies Hit: 8, Number of Attacks: 5, when Tengu attacks with lightning, applies 100% Critical Attack
Note: You need to press this skill 2 times to enable Tengu to attack enemies above your platform!
Spirit Corral (Active)
Borrows the power of the fox spirit to gather enemies in one spot.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 20, Max Enemies Hit: 10, Damage: 263%, Number of Attacks: 3
Level 20: Mana Cost: 20, Max Enemies Hit: 10, Damage: 320%, Number of Attacks: 3
Soul Shear (Active + Passive)
Shear a piece of your target’s soul off with each attack. Use the skill to detonate any fallen soul fragments. Can be stacked up to 10 times on normal monsters and 15 times on boss monsters.
Level 1: Active Effect: Mana Cost: 30, Explosive Damage: 101% per soul fragment, Max Enemies Hit: 15, able to explode 8 fragments. Passive Effect: 12% chance to drop soul fragments.
Level 15: Active Effect: Mana Cost: 30, Explosive Damage: 185% per soul fragment, Max Enemies Hit: 15, able to explode 15 fragments. Passive Effect: 40% chance to drop soul fragments.
Kishin Shoukan (Supportive)
Summons the demons Hana and Yuki, who attack any enemies trapped between them. The demons strengthen the dark energy on the map and decreases monster respawn time.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 20, Summon Duration: 55 sec. Damage: 112%, Max Enemies Hit: 15.
Level 20: Mana Cost: 20, Summon Duration: 150 sec. Damage: 150%, Max Enemies Hit: 15.
Blossom Barrier (Supportive)
Summons a powerful cherry blossom barrier to protect you and your party members.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 50, Duration: 69 sec, Damage Reduction: 3%, Status/Elemental Resistance: +3%. Cooldown: 180 sec.
Level 10: Mana Cost: 50, Duration: 150 sec, Damage Reduction: 30%, Status/Elemental Resistance: +30%. Cooldown: 180 sec.
Lifeblood Ritual (Passive)
After slaying an enemy with your magic, you recover some HP.
Level 1: Restored Health: 1% of Max HP after killing an enemy.
Level 5: Restored Health: 5% of Max HP after killing an enemy.
Spirit Path (Passive)
Permanently increases Magic Attack and Critical Rate.
Level 1: Magic Attack: +3, Critical Rate: +7%
Level 10: Magic Attack: +30, Critical Rate: +25%
Frozen Shikigami Haunting (Passive)
Required Skill: Shikigami Haunting Level 20 or higher.
Channels Takeminakata, god of water, to add ice to Shikigami Haunting, slowing enemies on the second hit.
Level 1: Chance to slow enemies on second hit: 100%, Debuff duration: 4 sec. Additional Effect: Shikigami Haunting Damage Permanently: +100% (Total Damage Increase: 125%)
Level 20: Chance to slow enemies on second hit: 100%, Debuff duration: 4 sec. Additional Effect: Shikigami Haunting Damage Permanently: +100% (Total Damage Increase: 125%)
Mana Balance (Active)
Recovers Mana by gathering negative and positive energies in equal measure.
Level 1: 38% HP used to recover 30 Mana.
Level 5: 30% HP used to recover 30 Mana.
Kanna 3rd Job Skill Build: Everything maxed.
1. Frozen Shikigami Haunting, Spirit Corral, Tengu Strike, Kishin Shoukan (1)
2. Lifeblood Ritual (MAX)
3. Spirit Path (MAX)
4. Kishin Shoukan (10/20)
5. Tengu Strike (MAX)
6. Spirit Corral (MAX)
7. Kishin Shoukan (MAX)
8. Frozen Shikigami Haunting (MAX)
9. Mana Balance (MAX)
10. Soul Shear (MAX)
11. Blossom Barrier (MAX)
Add 1 SP (Skill Points) into Burning Shikigami Haunting as Level 1 gives maximum passive increase for 300 seconds. Tengu Strike will be your primary attacking skill and Spirit Corral will be your new pulling skill during Kanna’s 3rd Job. Spirit Corral is useless compared to Tengu Strike in damage aspect, but other players found it convenient when they can 1 hit kill monsters with it and lower delay compared to Tengu Strike. In early levels of 3rd Job, max two passive skills. Lifeblood Ritual (1st skill) replenishes 5% HP upon defeating an enemy and its only 5 levels. Spirit Path (2nd skill) improves critical rate and magic attack. Kishin Shoukan is an absolute must to max early as it increases your EXP rate tremendously by increasing the monster spawn you can kill in your training spot. Afterwards, I max Tengu Strike because it is your main attacking skill. Next up is Spirit Corral. Soul Shear isn’t much useful apart from bossing, and same applies for Blossom Barrier so they are second to last.
Kanna 4th Job Skills
Vanquisher’s Charm (Active)
Blasts the enemy with evil-destroying charms. Hold down the skill key for a rapid-fire attack.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 12, Damage: 148% per shot, Number of Attacks: 3
Level 30: Mana Cost: 12, Damage: 235% per shot, Number of Attacks: 3
Summons the mighty Orochi to attack up to 15 enemies.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 50, Max Enemies Hit: 15, Damage: 472%, Number of Attacks: 5. Cooldown: 60 sec
Level 20: Mana Cost: 50, Max Enemies Hit: 15, Damage: 700%, Number of Attacks: 5. Cooldown: 20 sec
Falling Sakura (Active)
Summons a sakura tree that damages nearby enemies while healing party members.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 60, Max Enemies Hit: 10, Damage: 366%, Number of Attacks: 5, Party Members’ HP: 24% of HP. Cooldown: 40 sec.
Level 20: Mana Cost: 60, Max Enemies Hit: 10, Damage: 480%, Number of Attacks: 5, Party Members’ HP: 100% of HP. Cooldown: 20 sec.
Monkey Spirits (Passive)
This skill is similar to Final Attack. Every attack you perform (either a skill or regular attack) has a chance to trigger Monkey Spirits. This skill attacks 6 enemies 3 times with the help of summoned heavy-drinker demon who throws wine barrels at enemy. The wine barrel has a chance to put enemies under a spell. If successful, increases EXP rewarded and chance of dropping unidentified items from enemies.
Level 1: Monkey Summon Chance: 3% when attacking, Max Enemies Hit: 6, Damage: 131, Number of Attacks: 3. Extra EXP Chance: 24%, EXP: +11%, has chance to drop unidentified item
Level 20: Monkey Summon Chance: 60% when attacking, Max Enemies Hit: 6, Damage: 150, Number of Attacks: 3. Extra EXP Chance: 100%, EXP: +30%, has chance to drop unidentified item
Binding Tempest (Active)
Temporarily turns enemies to stone, freezing them in place.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 80, Max Enemies Hit: 15, Number of Attacks: 8, Damage: 153%, Immobilize Chance: 60%, Immobilize Duration: 10 sec. Cooldown: 180 sec.
Level 20: Mana Cost: 80, Max Enemies Hit: 15, Number of Attacks: 8, Damage: 172%, Immobilize Chance: 100%, Immobilize Duration: 20 sec. Cooldown: 120 sec.
Bellflower Barrier (Supportive)
Summons a magical barrier to strengthen you and party members against boss monsters.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 50, Damage vs. Boss: +5%, Duration: 68 sec. Cooldown: 180 sec.
Level 15: Mana Cost: 50, Damage vs. Boss: +25%, Duration: 180 sec. Cooldown: 180 sec.
Increases the Mastery and Magic Attack of fans.
Level 1: Fan Mastery: 51%, Damage: 1%
Level 30: Fan Mastery: 65%, Damage: 30%
Dawn’s Warrior (Supportive)
Increases the stats of all party members. Costs 10 Mana and drains 70 HP when used.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 10, All Stats: +1%, Duration: 30 sec
Level 30: Mana Cost: 10, All Stats: +15%, Duration: 900 sec
Blossoming Dawn – Hero’s Will (Active)
Cures all Abnormal Status. The cooldown decreases as the skill level increases.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 5, Cooldown 600 sec.
Level 5: Mana Cost: 5, Cooldown 360 sec.
Haku Perfected (Passive)
Required Skill: Haku Reborn (MAX)
Enhances Haku’s abilities while in human form.
Level 1: Enhances Haku’s Gift, Breath of the Unseen, Haku’s Blessing and Foxfire.
Level 15: Enhances Haku’s Gift, Breath of the Unseen, Haku’s Blessing and Foxfire.
Note: See Haku’s Skill section in 4th job for the Level 1-15 upgrades! Synchronizes with Haku’s Gift 2, Breath of the Unseen 2, Haku’s Blessing and Foxfire 2 skill level.
Nine-Tailed Fury (Active)
Unleashes Haku’s powers to attack all enemies in sight.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 60, Damage: 535%, Max Enemies Hit: 6, Number of Attacks: 6, Damage Increase: +20%, Damage Increase duration: 120, Cooldown: 580 sec.
Level 10: Mana Cost: 60, Damage: 900%, Max Enemies Hit: 15, Number of Attacks: 6, Damage Increase: +20%, Damage Increase duration: 120, Cooldown: 500 sec.
Shocking Shikigami Haunting (Passive)
Required Skill: Frozen Shikigami Haunting (MAX)
Channels the power of Take-mikazuchi, god of lightning, into Shikigami Haunting, adding knockback and extra damage to the third hit.
Level 1: On 3rd hit of Shikigami Haunting – Damage while knocking back: +70%. Passive Effect: Per Shikigami Haunting Damage: +115% (Total Damage increase: 240%)
Level 20: On 3rd hit of Shikigami Haunting – Damage while knocking back: +165%. Passive Effect: Per Shikigami Haunting Damage: +115% (Total Damage increase: 240%)
Demon’s Fury (Active)
Summons the fury of demons to unleash a powerful attack on enemies.
Level 1: Mana Cost: 30, Damage: 95% per shot, Number of Attacks: 8, Max Enemies Hit: 8, Cooldown: 3 sec.
Level 20: Mana Cost: 30, Damage: 190% per shot, Number of Attacks: 8, Max Enemies Hit: 8, Cooldown: 3 sec.
Haku’s Gift 2 (Active)
Required Skill: Haku Perfected Level 1 or higher.
Recover’s Kanna HP.
Level 1: Haku heals you up to 55%.
Level 15: Haku heals you up to 97%.
Breath of the Unseen 2 (Supportive)
Required Skill: Haku Perfected Level 1 or higher.
Has a chance to resist knock-back and ignore a portion of enemy’s defense.
Level 1: Haku grants a 42% chance to resist knock-back and ignores 21% enemy defense.
Level 15: Haku grants a 80% chance to resist knock-back and ignores 40% enemy defense.
Haku’s Blessing 2 (Supportive)
Required Skill: Haku Perfected Level 1 or higher.
Temporarily increases magic attack and physical-magical defenses for 40 sec.
Level 1: Haku casts a spell to increase Magic Defense by 210 and Magic Attack by 23% of the equipped fan’s Attack Power for 40 sec.
Level 15: Haku casts a spell to increase Magic Defense by 400 and Magic Attack by 48% of the equipped fan’s Attack Power for 40 sec.
At max level, the 50% Magic Attack refers to applying a multiplier on base magic attack where the multiplier is equivalent to half the magic attack of the Haku fan. (e.g. 400 matk haku fan = 200% matk buff = 3x matk (adding on 200% matk to base).
Foxfire 2 (Supportive)
[REQUIRE] LV1 Haku Perfected.
Summon a barrier of flame orbs to temporarily encircle Kanna. If enemy attacks Kanna with barrier up, 1 orb will be consumed and returns a portion of damage to enemy with a chance to stun them.
LV1: Summon 1 Orb lasts 41 sec. 840% Damage Reflect. 23% Stun Chance.
LV20: Summon 3 Orbs lasts 60 sec. 1600% Damage Reflect. 50% Stun Chance.
Kanna 4th Job Skill Build: Everything maxed.
1. Mighty Shikigami Haunting, Monkey Spirits, Vanquisher’s Charm (1)
2. Kasen (MAX)
3. Haku Perfected (MAX)
4. Mighty Shikigami Haunting (MAX)
5. Monkey Spirits (MAX)
6. Bellflower Barrier (MAX)
7. Binding Tempest (MAX)
8. Falling Sakura (MAX)
9. Dawn’s Warrior (MAX)
10. Orochi (MAX)
11. Blossoming Dawn (MAX)
12. Vanquisher’s Charm (MAX)
13. Demon’s Fury (MAX)
Unlock active skills by adding 1 SP (Skill Point) into Mighty Shikigami Haunting, Monkey Spirits, Vanquisher’s Charm. Next, max Kasen (damage stabilizer and damage booster), Haku Perfected (enhances the potential of your sidekick’s buff skills) and Mighty Shikigami Haunting (your primary attack). Then, max Monkey Spirits (use it to wet enemies with wine so they provide more EXP and better drops upon defeat). For Boss Raids, max Bellflower Barrier to create shelter for your party member, where standing inside it allows them to deal extra damage against boss. Falling Sakura will be a nice finisher skill to max after barrier as it can recover your health too.
Kanna Hyper Skills
Hyper Max Mana
Required Level: 180
Permanently increases maximum Mana. Max Mana: +15
Vanquisher’s Charm – Reinforce
Required level: 143
Increases the damage for Vanquisher’s Charm. Damage +20%
Vanquisher’s Charm – Spread / Vanquisher’s Charm – Extra Target
Required level: 162
Increases the number of monsters attacked with Vanquisher’s Charm. Monsters Hit: +2
Vanquisher’s Charm – Extra Strike / Vanquisher’s Charm – Bonus Attack
Required level: 183
Increases the number of attacks for Vanquisher’s Charm. Number of Attacks: +2
Falling Sakura – Vitality
Required level: 149
Increases the HP recovered with Falling Sakura. Recovery HP: +20
Falling Sakura – Reinforce
Required level: 168
Increases the damage for Falling Sakura. Damage +20%
Falling Sakura – Spread / Falling Sakura – Extra Target
Required level: 189
Increases the number of monsters attacked with Falling Sakura. Monsters Hit: +2
Bellflower Barrier – Persist / Barrier of Bellflowers – Persist
Required level: 155
Increases the duration of Bellflower Barrier. Duration: +20 sec
Bellflower Barrier – Cooldown Cutter / Barrier of Bellflowers – Cooldown Reduced
Required level: 177
Bellflower Barrier’s cooldown is reduced. Cooldown -100%
Bellflower Barrier – Boss Rush / Barrier of Bellflowers – Boss Killer
Required level: 195
Increases the Boss ATT of Bellflower Barrier. 20% additional damage against bosses
Required Level: 150
Activates a dark aura to weaken enemies in the surrounding area.
MP Cost: 50, Interval Damage: 500%, Negates Attack Ignore and Attack Reflect effects.
Required Level: 170
Summons goblins to damage and stun all enemies.
MP Cost: 50, Max Enemies Hit: 15, Damage: 1000%, Immobile Duration: 20 sec, Cooldown: 120 sec
Required Level: 200
Recalls the oath spoken to Princess Sakuno to increase damage and max damage cap.
MP Cost: 50, Duration: 60 sec, Damage: +10%, Max Damage: +5000000, Cooldown: 120 sec, Only applies to hero classes within the party.
Princess’ Vow will buff only hero characters because Kanna counts as a “Hero” class. Just like adventurers all have their “Epic Adventure” buff that only spreads to adventurer classes, Kanna has Princess’s Vow which only applies to Hero classes.
Kanna Hyper Skill Build:
1. Vanquisher’s Charm – Extra Strike (MAX)
2. Vanquisher’s Charm – Spread (MAX)
3. Vanquisher’s Charm – Reinforce (MAX)
4. Bellflower Barrier – Boss Rush (MAX)
5. Bellflower Barrier – Cooldown Cutter (MAX)
6. Blackhearted Curse (MAX)
7. Veritable Pandemonium (MAX)
8. Princess’s Vow (MAX)
Check this Hyper Stats Guide for more details!
Kanna Mastery Book
1. Falling Sakura: 20
2. Monkey Spirits: 20
3. Orochi : 20
4. Tessenjutsu/Kasen: 20, 30
5. Vanquisher’s Charm: 20, 30
Kanna 5th Job Skills
Please refer to MapleStory 5th Job Skills Guide for more details on Skill Cores, Special Cores and Enhancement Cores!
Kanna Skill Cores
Summons a wintry ghost known as the Yuki-onna. The Yuki-onna helps Kanna attack enemies and boosts her spiritual abilities. Yuki-onna’s attacks do not affect enemies in the Damage Reflection state.
Level 1: Spiritual Power Cost: 40. Summons a Yuki-onna for 20 seconds. The Yuki-onna helps Kanna in combat, attacking up to 8 enemies at 310% Damage 6-8 times. Decreases Kanna’s Spiritual Power cost by 50% and restores 2% of her HP with every attack for 21 seconds. Cooldown: 90 sec.
Level 25: Spiritual Power Cost: 40. Summons a Yuki-onna for 32 seconds. The Yuki-onna helps Kanna in combat, attacking up to 8 enemies at 550% Damage 6-8 times. Decreases Kanna’s Spiritual Power cost by 50% and restores 2% of her HP with every attack for 45 seconds. Cooldown: 78 sec.
Kanna Enhancement Cores
- Shikigami Haunting (+7% per level)
- Clay Yaksha (+7% per level)
- Ether Pulse (+7% per level)
- Rock Yaksha (+5% per level)
- Shikigami Charm (+5% per level)
- Nimbus Curse (+5% per level)
- Tengu Strike (+3% per level)
- Spirit Corral (+3% per level)
- Vanquisher’s Charm (+2% per level)
- Orochi (+2% per level)
- Falling Sakura (+2% per level)
- Vanquisher’s Bind (+2% per level)
- Nine-Tailed Fury (+2% per level)
- Demon’s Fury (+2% per level)
- Veritable Pandemonium (+2% per level)
Kanna V-Matrix Skills Guide
Main V Skill: Yuki-musume Shoukan
Trio #1: Vanquisher’s Charm / Orochi / Tengu Strike
Trio #2: Nimbus Curse / Demon’s Fury / Shinigami’s Haunting
Note: Bolded = essential skill | Non-bolded = non-essential skill.
MapleStory Old to New Official Skill Names
Kanna Beginner Job Skills
- Gogyou no Kago → Elemental Blessing
- Yuen no Reisu → Mana Font
- Shisen Denjuu → Elementalism (Link Skill)
- Shisen Byakko → Nine-Tailed Fury
- Haku → Haku
Kanna 1st Job Skills
- Shisen Gyouha 1 → Shikigami Haunting
- Ckiou Yore → Clay Yaksha
- Chimyaku Teni → Ether Pulse
- Omyoudou → Center Ki
Kanna 2nd Job Skills
- Shisen Gyouha 2 → Burning Shikigami
- Naho Chikou Yore → Rock Yaksha
- Shikigami Enbu → Shikigami Charm
- Omni Shoumetsu → Soul Bomb
- Youun Shoukan → Nimbus Curse
- Kujaku Hiraki → Radiant Peacock
- Enhou Haku → Haku Reborn
- Haku no Kaifuku → Haku’s Gift
- Yougen no Ibuku → Breath of the Unseen
- Haku no Shukufuku → Haku’s Blessing
- Hana-en Kekkai → Foxfire
Kanna 3rd Job Skills
- Shisen Gyouha 3 → Frozen Shikigami Haunting
- Sunakake Baba → Demon’s Fury
- Sou Tengu → Tengu Strike
- Soko e Naore → Spirit Corral
- Shugyoku no Juin → Soul Shear
- Kyuusei Tenki → Lifeblood Ritual
- Futsuma Tenki → Spirit Path
- Kishin Shoukan → Kishin Shoukan (NO CHANGE)
- Kekkai Sakura → Blossom Barrier
Kanna 4th Job Skills
- Shisen Gyouha 4 → Mighty Shikigami Haunting
- You Emaki → Orochi
- Taima Ryuuseifu → Binding Tempest
- Shoujou Kashu → Monkey Spirits
- Koma Koma Sakura → Falling Sakura
- Kekkai Kikyou → Bellflower Barrier
- Kasen → Kasen (NO CHANGE)
- Haja Rengekifu → Vanquisher’s Charm
- Akatsuki no Yuusha → Dawn’s Warrior
- Akatsuki no Sakura → Blossoming Dawn
- Gensei Haku → Haku Perfected
Kanna 5th Job Skills
- *NONE* → Summon Yuki-onna
Kanna’s mystical kitsune partner Haku can transform and carry her on his back after you complete certain requirements. You can get the Spirit Fox Haku mount skill starting at Lv.50. You can get the Mighty Fox Haku mount skill at Lv.200 if you’ve already learned the Spirit Fox Haku mount skill.
MapleStory Kanna Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
I’m creating a new Kanna character, which hairstyle should I pick?
[ANSWER] There are 2 types of hair you can choose while creating your character. There is the short hair (cute Kanna Bob Cut Hair) and long hair (Kanna hair). Many players agree that the short hair looks better compared to long hair because if seen in-game, it does not look great as displayed in Kanna’s anime video trailer. The color to match with Bob Cut hair would be Blonde (yellow) as it resembled Claire from Claymore (Recommended anime to watch! – There is dual audio)
How to use Shikigami Haunting?
[ANSWER] During Kanna’s 1st Job, you will need to spam your Shikigami Haunting skill similarly to Aran and Demon Slayer. Upon reaching Kanna’s 2nd Job and above, you will need to just hold down the skill key to automatically attack 3 times in a row (with Burning, Frozen and Mighty Shikigami Haunting). The tutorial/cut-scenes were misleading about spam pressing Shikigami Haunting skill though.
I’m unable to use my Link Skill on my other characters!
Hi Kanna players, currently there is a bug with Kanna’s Elementalism (Link Skill) where it pops up this error message: you can only link once a day. Avoid using Cash Shop Quest Helpers that Tot’s gives you to get your link skill early as this might bug Kanna Link skill. Complete quest normally without rushing otherwise this will occur for Level 70 and above (until GMS Developer fixes it). There are some players who are able to link their Kanna Elementalism skill to their favorite characters (Angelic Buster) without performing the above. Take precaution!
Trouble using Sand Witch skill
[QUESTION] The skill where some Sand Creature “posses” you and you can only use your Normal Attack. When I use the skill, I can click as much as I want, but nothing will happen. All I see is that ugly drawn witch behind me, doing nothing! [ANSWER] Just hold DOWN attack key.
How to raise Kannas Elementalism skill to level 2?
[QUESTION] How do u raise it to level 2? [ANSWER] You raise Elementalism from Level 1 to Level 2 by reaching Level 120.
Is Kanna worth leveling?
[ANSWER] Yes, if you wish to benefit from Kanna’s Link Skill that provides +10% Damage to the linked character (The stat is from Level 2 Elementalism).
I’m stuck at Kanna Level 50 quest. Help!
[QUESTION] The quest ‘Scaling the el nath mountains’ is confusing me. I went to el nath but still nothing. I also tried speaking to Alcaster and going up the cliff’s but nothing happens. Does anybody here know what to do? [ANSWER] First, talk to Neinheart at Ereve to get the quest starting or get quest from light-bulb. You MUST talk to Neinheart first, otherwise you will not be able to see Naoe Kanetsugu NPC (Japanese Samurai in Blue Armor) at Orbis! If you are at Ereve, take a boat to Orbis. Once you have landed at Orbis Station, exit the area and find the NPC who is just standing outside the portal on the left side where you came out. After you have done that, you will unlock the next quest “To Each His Own” which requires you to talk to Alcaster located in El Nath on the most right-side of the potion shop. This unlocks a new quest “Red Snow 1” which requires you to defeat 100 Jr Yeti and 100 Dark Jr Yeti.
Is Kannas fan 1h or 2h?
[QUESTION] A lot of sources say its 2-handed weapon but its strange to find someone who holds a fan with 2 hands. [ANSWER] In Nexon Official Website, its stated clearly that the fan is a 2-handed weapon.
How do I equip Haku with my unused fan?
[QUESTION] I was wondering if anyone knew how to equip Haku’s fan? [ANSWER] Open your equipment tab (E) then click the Haku button. Drag and drop the fan that you want Haku to wear.
Does giving Haku a weapon increase my stats?
[QUESTION] Is there any benefit to this or is it just for looks? [ANSWER] Only stats from Potential such as bonus (STR, DEX, INT, LUK) or Magic Attack is applied. Other stats such as +Critical % does not apply.
What are the 4th Job Skills that requires Mastery Book?
Kanna 4th Job skills that requires Mastery Book are Vanquisher’s Charm, Orochi, Falling Sakura, Monkey Spirits, Binding Tempest, Bellflower Barrier, Kasen and Breath of the Unseen.
What mystery mastery book should I get from the event?
You should get Kasen (Kanna 4th Job Skill Mastery Book) from the event’s mystery mastery book because it is the most expensive book and its essential in raising Kanna’s overall damage for leveling up purposes.
Can Kanna equip weapons that look like Fan?
[ANSWER] No. Fans such as Hinamaro Fan, Korean Fan, zhugeliang wand are not fan type.
Shikigami haunting stacking?
[QUESTION] Can you stack the elemental skills similarly to Paladin charge skills? [ANSWER] No, Kanna’s elements does not stack with one another. Pick the strongest depending on your job advancement. For instance, if you are 4th Job Kanna, pick Mighty Shikigami Haunting.
Demon’s Fury vs Spirit Corral. Which one to max over the other?
[QUESTION] I was wondering who maxed which over the other any why? I’ve been seeing many people lean more towards Demon’s Fury but I’ve head some good arguments for both skills.
- [Spirit Corral Debate] When you get to maps that aren’t jesters/aliens, pulling them in with Spirit Corral makes it much easier to Tengu Strike them. Also its a lot easier to use to draw mobs where you want them to be before spamming Shikigami Haunting as the finishing kill. Demon’s Fury (aka Sand witch) seems more trouble than its worth as you have to have 2 keys devoted to it and it has an enormous cooldown for lackluster damage.
- [Demon’s Fury Debate] Demon’s Fury is like a backup ultimate while rotating between the 2nd job ultimate, and the 4th job ultimate. Not only is it fast, but it’s very powerful. It kills a large range of monsters pretty quickly, in a hurricane-type fashion. It’s cool down makes it a secondary mobbing skill, however. Demon’s Fury easily fills up the map with soul beads really fast, so if you are going to use a lot Soul Shear go with Demon’s Fury.
- [Summary] It all comes down to utility since neither one will be used for damage with Shikigami Haunting which outshines both skill upon reaching Kanna’s 4th Job Advancement. Spirit Corral has better utility as it draws enemies into range of your primary attacking skill.
Does speed infusion work with Kannas attacks?
[ANSWER] Only some skills benefit from Speed Infusion.
Where to get Kanna Level 120+ Weapons?
Currently these weapons can be obtained from Gachapierrot/Marvel/Monster Drops.
Where to get Mastery Books for Kanna?
Kanna’s Mastery Books can be purchase from Merchant Shops using meso similar to the ones sold by Leafre NPC Mastery Book Seller. The Gachapierrot now contains Mastery Books for the following Kanna skills, rank 20 or 30: Vanquisher’s Charm, Orochi, Falling Sakura, Monkey Spirits, Bind, Bellflower Barrier, Kasen, and Illusion-Haku.
[NOTE] Purchase Gachapon Tickets and Remote Gachapon Tickets from Cash Shop. Then use in Gachapierrot to redeem Kanna’s Weapon and Mastery Book. Enter the Cash Shop, select the Etc. tab, then go to the Game subsection to find them. Buy in bundles and save!
MapleStory Kanna Update Patch Error Solution
Issue 0: Unable to Connect into Login Server
If you are a MapleStory Senior who have not being playing MapleStory for few years or months, and later to find a nice job like Kanna being released and want to try it out, you download MapleStory Full Client, install it and later encounter this error message “Unable to Connect to Login Server”. When you check with your friends about whether MapleStory server is active or try here at SouthPerry GMS Server Status, all the world seems ONLINE instead of OFFLINE. So whats next? The error message here is a little misleading but still hits a nail. You need to disable your anti-virus and firewall temporarily and try again. If it works, re-enable them after you are login to your character. But don’t be happy yet as you might encounter the infamous HackShield Initialization Error 0x00000000 (0) as discussed below with some solution provided.
Issue 1: Failed to Delete Directory
You encounter a pop-up box with the error message that says “Failed to Delete Directory” after running the launcher and patching the game for the Kanna content. Then it stated that you would need to download and reinstall the entire game. If you have this exact same error at the end of the install, remove that Temp Folder from the game folder and run the launcher again. Go into the main MapleStory folder (C:\Nexon\MapleStory), there will be only 3 folders inside of the main folder, Black Cipher, Hackshield and a Temp Folder with a name similar to this one: etwejxjl.$$$ (random characters with a dot and dollar signs suffixed). The Temp folder, regardless of it’s name, will have dollar signs prefixed in the name $$$$ Transfer TEMP folder to your Desktop and run the game again. If it works, you can safely delete that folder. If you happen to have 2 TEMP folders labeled as .$$$ in them, take away the empty one and it worked, otherwise remove both.
Issue 2: Mob.wz Corrupted
You encounter a pop-up box with the following message: “Mob.wz The patch file is corrupt. Please try again. If the same error occurs, please delete all previous MapleStory game files and re-install the game client from maplestory.nexon.net” Just re-install MapleStory to fixed Mob.wz corruption.
Issue 3: Still unable to install Kanna Patch into MapleStory
1. Uninstall MapleStory before deleting C:\Nexon\MapleStory folder.
2. Re-download the 128v.
3. After installing it, used the manual patch for 129v.
4. Wait for it to stop at ADMIN CHATLOG\
5. Terminate the process by using the administrator window (CTRL + ALT + DEL)
6. Run the game from the GameLauncher.exe in your MapleStory Installation folder.
[NOTE] The problem might lie within the new client (v129.2) that’s presently on the website. Do not download the latest MS from the website, just install the older version v128 and then perform the prepatch.
Issue 4: Directory was Not Found Error Message.
If you encounter a pop-up box with the following error message “Directory was Not Found” after patching, closed the patcher. Visit maplestory.nexon.net official website and logged in. Launched the game from the WEBSITE. Upon successfully launching through the website, exit Maplestory and retry the regular GameLauncher.exe from your computer.
Issue 5: My Kanna character disconnected after entering a portal
The portal itself isn’t broken, probably one of your files is corrupt. I just tried going through every single portal in the tutorial and after the tutorial without a crash. You’ll probably have to re-install MapleStory if you’re crashing, that’s what I did. However, if that still fails see Issue 6 for the next solution.
Issue 6: My Kanna is stucked in a beginner place. How to get out?
If you tried to enter a map from the beginner place of Kanna (Momijigaoka), then disconnected and now stuck and can’t log in on it, you can do the following steps to get out of this sticky situation: Exit MapleStory Application and let it sit for approximately 5 minutes. Then try login back on and everything worked fine. If this issue still persist, you have 3 methods of exiting Kanna map:
- Use Mercedes Link Skill Map to teleport out of Momijigaoka Area.
- Use Cash Shop Teleport Rock to teleport out of Kanna Beginner Training Ground after you have done the necessary quest in that area.
- Earn at least 5000 mesos in the training dojo then use the dimensional mirror to go to NLC (New Leaf City), and from there, take the subway to Kerning City.
[Brief bug summary] Kanna char DCs and gets locked after trying to enter the 2nd portal after the tutorial. Seems others are DCing in the new town, and I’m guessing that portal leads to the new town. [Steps to reproduce Issue 6] Create Kanna char, skip tutorial, go into first portal with pop-up quests completed. Finish quests in next map and enter portal. You will DC and if you try to log on you will DC again.
Issue 7: Hackshield Initialization Error : 0x0000000 (0)
Another copy of Maplestory is already running. Please close all instances and try launching again.” The error message is very misleading. Even though you restarted your computer before running MapleStory.exe, and later check your TaskManager only to find 1 instance of MapleStory, you will still get stuck with this error. Below is a list of steps you must do to bypass this error. It took me around 5-6 hours to figure it out.
- Add MapleStory and HackShield to your Anti-Virus exception list so it does not prevent it from running them. If you do not know how to add, simply disable the Windows Firewall, 3rd-Party Anti-Virus and Anti-Security and run the game. With your protection disabled, its advisable not to browse through any unknown websites that might be infected with viruses. This first step will bypass the first MapleStory Block that reads something like this: Unable to Connect Server at this time. Please check whether the server is under maintenance or your firewall.
- If still fail, set your GameLauncher.exe compatibility mode to Windows XP SP 3 or Windows 7 (both tested by me and it works). Windows XP SP 2 failed to work though. Do not set the Compatiblity Mode for MapleStory.exe otherwise you will receive this error message: HackShied Initialization Error : 0x00000004 (4) = Error cccurs when the game client is executed in the Compatibility Mode provided by Windows XP. Game execution in Compatibility Mode is judged as a user with ill intentions, so program must be ended and restarted (value = 0x004) Please send the detailed information through. If you get that error message, just click the X button to close it, do not need click OK to send any personal information that might be save behind the scenes.
- Disable any Microsoft Loopback Adapter (Right-click on Network Icon on the Windows Start Panel, Click Open Network and Sharing Center, Click Change Adapter Settings, If you see multiple Loopback Adapters, disable all of them by right-clicking and click properties, and then disable.)
- Most important of all, do not use BlackCipher from maplestory.nexon.net, I have tested it and it did not work (The blackcipher.aes should be at least 2537KB and the BlackCall.aes should be around 290KB). By doing a manual update from hsupdate itself, it somehow downloaded the latest BlackCall.aes and BlackCipher.aes from the server) only then I was able to bypass this infamous HackShield Initialization Error 0x0000000. Those who play CombatArms will face this issue as well since its protected by HackShield and BlackCipher. MapleStory Developers shouldn’t implement these measures as it blocks legitimate players to logging on the game.
Issue 8 : MapleStory Disconnection Every 1 Minute Exact Or Few Minutes
I tested GMS MapleStory with an online stopwatch and found out that MapleStory always disconnect me after 1 minute. If you are lucky, between 5 minutes to 30 minutes. I have not found a solution to this error. If you do know, please share your solution by posting a comment below. Below are things I have tested on Windows 7 Ultimate Operating System:
0. Disable Firewall (3rd Party and Windows) + Anti-Virus.
1. Tried different worlds (Bera, Scania, Zenith) still dc within 1 minute.
2. Tried bypass BlackCipher with HInjector + bc_bypass.dll
3. Terminated BlackCipher.aes from TaskManager.
4. Tried login into different characters (Kanna, Explorer, Cygnus).
5. Tried changing compatibility mode for GameLauncher.exe
6. Tried changing compatibility mode for HackShield exe applications.
[TEMPORARY-SOLUTION] Change Channel before the 1 minute duration expires! Example, kill 10 monsters, change to next channel, and repeat. [PERMANENT-SOLUTION] For Windows 7 users, try installing MapleStory under C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\MapleStory folder instead of C:\Nexon\MapleStory folder.
Kanna’s Voice Meanings on Skills
Skill Name – Voice – Japanese – Translation
|Nine-Tailed Fury||Youko Hakugen! Kai!||妖狐白幻! 改||Youko Hakugen*! Change!|
|Clay Yaksha||Chikou Yore||近う寄れ||Bring it closer|
|Rock Yaksha||Naho Chikou Yore||なほ近う寄れ||Naho Chikou Yore|
|Haku Reborn||Haku! Maire!||ハク！参れ||Haku! Come!|
|Burning Shikigami Haunting||Hai to nare!||灰となれ||Turn to ash!|
|Frozen Shikigami Haunting||Itetsuki!||凍て付き||Freeze!|
|Spirit Corral||Soko e naore!||そこへ直れ||Fix to there|
|Kishin Shoukan||Ideyo!||出よ!||Come forth!|
|Blossom Barrier||Chikara yo michiyo||力よ満ちよ||Full power!|
|Falling Sakura||Ouka ryouran!||桜花繚乱!||Chery Blossom Profusion!|
|Binding Tempest||Taima Ryuuseifu!||退魔流星符||Expelling Demon Falling Star|
[NOTE] * Youko Hakugen is Haku’s full name