MapleStory Battle Mage (BaM for short) is a Magician in Resistance Class who only wields staff (no wand + shield). They are called Battle Mage due to their nature of engaging enemies in close combat similarly to warriors but with magical arsenals at their disposal.
BATTLE MAGE OVERVIEW
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Magician
MAIN WEAPON: Staff (common weapon type)
SUB EQUIP: None
ATTACK DISTANCE: Medium Melee
PRIMARY STAT: Intelligence (INT) – needed for damage and for equips
- Hp is the highest among the other class except warrior type.
- High Weapon and Magic Defense upon maxing Adv. Blue Aura.
- High avoid rate (40%) after maxing Adv. Yellow Aura (passive + active).
- Low HP potion usage due to drain + High avoid rate + high def + many invincible skill
- Low MP potion usage due to high base mp but without magic guard.
- 100% critical rate after kms 1.2.163 patch (base 5% + mastery 40% + finishing blow 25% + phantom link skill/critical ring 10% + battle rage 20% =100%)
- The only class dont have mount
- Easy get bored, use blow skill from level 10 to 200 (twister spin & dark shock has cooldown)
- Attack speed is dependent on weapon speed, most weapon has slow speed!
- 1v1 dpm is very low,but after kms1.2.163 patch, have a new skill “battle rage” +40% damage when 1v1
- Mobility: High, with teleport + adv yellow aura(+35 speed),and still have hyper dark chain to pull mob toward you
- Hp/Defense: 4/5,high base hp,conversion(100%+30%hp) and high def with maxed adv blue aura(60%+150% w&m def)
- Control Friendliness: Easy & Hard,easy is because u can just spam blow skill,hard is because u can also use teleport+finisher when u spaming blow skill to deal higher dpm
- Party Bossing: 7/10,adv dark aura have additional 20% damage,adv yellow aura +1 speed to party,adv blue aura give alot def to party member
- Main Attacking Skill: Finishing Blow
- Mobbing: Finishing Blow, Twister Spin
- Training Speed: 4/5,with blow skill can hit 8 mob and chain to pull mob.
- Changes in his Role from the past: N/A
- Popularity: Medium
- Notable Places where it shines: party training and bossing
- Equipment/scrolls price and availability: Int % eq is the most cheap among the other 3 stats,but shield&glove scroll is quite rare
- Extra Points to note: blow skill speed is depend on weapon speed,but almost all staff is slow(8)
Battle Mage 1st Job Skills
Triple Blow (Active)
Attack 8 enemies 3 times.
LV20: 20 MP, 130% Damage.
The Finisher (Active)
Grants a chance to deal additional damage after an attack.
LV10: 40% chance to deal 150% Damage after an attack.
Teleport a set distance to other locations on the same map using arrow keys.
LV15: 20 MP, 150 Teleport Range.
Dark Aura (Supportive)
Produces an aura that increases damage inflicted by your party members. Cancel aura by pressing skill key again. Can be used simultaneously with other auras.
LV20: 30 MP, +10% Damage.
Battle Mage 1st Job Skill Build: Everything maxed.
1. Add 1 SP into Triple Blow, The Finisher, Dark Aura, Teleport.
2. Max Triple Blow, Teleport, Dark Aura, The Finisher.
Battle Mage 2nd Job Skills
Staff Mastery (Passive)
Permanently increases Staff Mastery, Magic Attack, and Critical Hit Rate.
LV10: 50% Mastery, +10 Magic Attack, +40% Critical Rate.
Quad Blow (Active)
[REQUIRE] Max Triple Blow.
Attacks 8 enemies 4 times.
LV20: 30 MP, 135% Damage.
Hyper Dark Chain (Active)
Pull 8 enemies towards you and have a chance to Knocked Down them.
LV20: 35 MP, 410% Damage, Knockdown for 6 sec.
Staff Boost (Supportive)
[REQUIRE] LV5 Staff Mastery.
Doubles the attack speed of your weapon. Must have a staff equipped.
LV10: 40 MP, Lasts 200 sec.
Blood Drain (Supportive)
Casts a buff that allows you to recover HP equivalent to a portion of the damage you inflict on enemies. Only up to 10% of your Max HP can be recovered with each attack.
LV15: 75 MP, Buff lasts 120 sec. Recovers HP equivalent to 5% damage you inflict.
Yellow Aura (Supportive)
Creates a bright yellow aura that increases the Movement Speed and Attack Speed of your party members. Cancel the aura by pressing the skill key again. Can be used simultaneously with other auras.
LV20: 18 MP, +20 Movement Speed, +1 Attack Speed.
High Wisdom (Passive)
Permanently increase INT (Intellect).
LV5: +40 INT.
Battle Mage 2nd Job Skill Build: Everything maxed except Hyper Dark Chain.
1. Add 1 SP into Quad Blow, Yellow Aura, Hyper Dark Chain.
2. Max Staff Mastery, Staff Boost, Quad Blow.
3. Max High Wisdom, Blood Drain, Yellow Aura.
4. Dump remaining SP into Hyper Dark Chain.
NOTE: You can get additional 7 SP for 2nd Job to max all skills. To get it, you have to finish the Alliance quests. You have to have finished all of the beginner quests. After that, meet J in the previously-glitched telephone booth and then finish the quest-line. Same as above. However, after you’ve received the Alliance medal and skill, you’ll get a quest from Brighton. He will tell you how Cygnus can help Battle Mages become even better. He will then send you to a mine where you have to mine 10 Alexandrite. Remember that to mine them, you have to attack them as if they’re monsters. After you’ve mined 10 of those stones, go to the nearest Dimensional Door and go to the Ereve Alliance meeting place. There, you’ll see Cygnus ready to finish you quest and give you 7 extra SP for 2nd job.
Battle Mage 3rd Job Skills
Battle Mastery (Passive)
Permanently increase your Damage and your Minimum Critical Damage.
LV20: +30% Damage. +20% Min Critical Damage.
Consumes MP to rapidly increase your Max HP for a fixed period of time.
LV10: 1000 MP, +100% Max HP for 180 sec.
Quintuple Blow (Active)
[REQUIRE] Max Quad Blow.
Attack 8 enemies 5 times.
LV20: 42 MP, 140% Damage.
Dark Shock (Active)
Summons two dark orbs and creates a magnetic field between them, which attacks 8 enemies. Additional Critical Hit Rate applied only for this skill. Cooldown decreases as skill level increases
LV15: 85 MP, 1040% Damage, +50% Critical Rate for this skill. Cooldown 5 sec.
Blue Aura (Supportive)
Creates a bright blue aura that increases Defense and HP, and absorbs the damage taken by party members. Cancel the aura by pressing the skill key again. Can be used simultaneously with other auras.
LV20: 42 MP, +300 Defense, +250 Max HP, Distributes 30% damage received with 20% Damage being absorbed.
Advanced Blue Aura (Active + Passive)
[REQUIRE] Max Blue Aura.
Permanently increases your Abnormal Status and Elemental resistances while increasing the power of your Blue Aura. Also increases the defense party members when you’re using Blue Aura.
LV10: 62 MP, Absorbs 10% of the distribute damage. +60% Defense. +20% Resistance.
[REQUIRE] LV10 Dark Aura + LV10 Yellow Aura + LV10 Blue Aura.
Consumes MP to rapidly increase the effects of your active aura for a short time. You must cancel this skill to switch auras. Also, enemies’ attacks will not cancel the buff.
LV10: 90 MP, Cooldown 90 sec.
1. Dark Aura : +38% Damage for 60 sec.
2. Yellow Aura : +32 Move Speed, +2 Attack Speed, +36% Evasion Rate for 60 sec.
3. Blue Aura : Invincible for 9 sec.
Summon Reaper Buff (Supportive)
Every attack has a chance to summon a Reaper who attacks nearby monsters. However, if attacking boss or players in PvP (player vs player) will not summon Reaper. When used against mobs of monsters (Monster spawn in events or training spot), you will be able to summon infinite Reapers.
LV10: 100 MP, 10% Summon chance. Reaper expires in 30 sec. Reaper deals 450% Damage.
Temporarily has a chance to resist knock-back effects.
LV10: 90 MP, 90% Chance to resist knockback for 300 sec.
[REQUIRE] Max Teleport
When activated, 6 enemies at the teleport location will take damage and become Stunned. Also, permanently increases teleport distance. This skill can be toggled on and off with the skill key.
Level 1: 4 MP, 260% Damage, 40% Stun Chance. Stun 2 sec, +4 Teleport Distance.
Level 5: 20 MP, 340% Damage, 80% Stun Chance. Stun 2 sec, +20 Teleport Distance.
Battle Mage 3rd Job Skill Build: Everything maxed except Dark Shock.
1. Add 1 SP into Quintuple Blow, Teleport Mastery, Blue Aura, Battle Mastery.
2. Max Battle Mastery, Quintuple Blow.
3. Add 10 SP into Blue Aura. Max Body Boost.
3. Max Stance, Teleport Mastery, Conversion.
4. Max Blue Aura, Advanced Blue Aura, Summon Reaper Buff.
5. Dump remaining SP into Dark Shock.
Battle Mage 4th Job Skills
Advanced Dark Aura (Passive)
[REQUIRE] Max Dark Aura.
Permanently increases Magic ATT and upgrades the function of Dark Aura. Also gives Damage Overtime (DoT) damage to the object of your attack at a set chance.
LV30: (ACTIVE EFFECT) 60 MP, +20% Damage with Dark Aura, 50% chance to cast DoT against an enemy which can stack up to 3 times, each dealing 260% damage and lasts for 8 sec. (PASSIVE EFFECT) +30 Magic Attack.
Advanced Yellow Aura (Passive)
[REQUIRE] Max Yellow Aura.
Permanently increases your Avoidability and upgrades your Yellow Aura skill. You’ll grant extra Avoidability to party members and decrease enemy Movement Speed when using Yellow Aura.
LV30: (ACTIVE EFFECT) 50 MP, +35 Movement Speed, +1 Attack Speed, +20% Dodge Chance, -30% Enemy Movement Speed. (PASSIVE EFFECT) +20% Dodge Chance.
Finishing Blow (Active)
[REQUIRE] Max Quintuple Blow.
Attack 8 enemies 6 times with a chance to stun. This skill has additional Critical Rate.
LV30: 60 MP, 200% Damage, 90% chance to stun for 4 sec. +25% Critical Rate.
Battle Rage (Supportive)
Focus on a single enemy for a short time, significantly increasing damage against them. Also permanently increases your Max HP MP and Weapon Magic Defense, and allows you to ignore a portion of monster defense. Enemies’ attacks will not cancel the buff.
LV30: (ACTIVE EFFECTS) 50 MP, Lasts 240 sec. +40% Damage, +20% Critical Rate, +15% Min Critical Damage, Max Number of Targets is limited to 1 for all skills unless buff is removed. (PASSIVE EFFECTS) +30% Max HP, +150% Defense, Ignore 30% Enemy Defense.
Party Shield (Supportive)
Creates a protective wall centered around you to protect party members. Party members behind the wall will not take damage. Cooldown 7 minutes for all skill levels.
LV30: 150 MP, Shield lasts 40 sec.
Twister Spin (Active)
Attack 8 enemies around you. Higher skill level reduces cooldown time.
LV30: 30 MP, 360% Damage. Cooldown 12 sec.
Dark Genesis (Active)
Attack 15 enemies 2 times with a chance to stun. Also increases Dark Shock damage.
LV30: (ACTIVE EFFECTS) 400 MP, 15, 1075% Damage, 90% chance to stun for 4 sec, Cooldown: 20 sec. (PASSIVE EFFECTS) +60% Dark Shock’s Damage.
Temporarily boost all stats by percentage.
LV30: -70 MP, +15% All Stats, Lasts 900 sec.
Remove some abnormal effects.
LV5: 30 MP, Cooldown 360 sec
Battle Mage 4th Job Skill Build: Everything maxed.
1. Add 1 SP into Finishing Blow, Dark Genesis, Twister Spin.
2. Add 1 SP into Advanced Dark Aura, Advanced Yellow Aura, Party Shield.
3. Max Advanced Dark Aura, Finishing Blow, Twister Spin.
4. Max Battle Rage, Advanced Yellow Aura, Party Shield.
5. Max Maple Warrior, Hero’s Will, Dark Genesis.
Battle Mage Hyper Skills
Teleport Mastery – Reinforce (Level 143) +20% Damage.
Teleport Mastery – Add Range (Level 162) +100 Range.
Teleport Mastery – Enhance (Level 183) Gain 1 sec invincibility after teleport.
Dark Shock – Reinforce (Level 149) +20% Damage.
Dark Shock – Split Damage (Level 168) Damage reduced to 1/4 but increase number of hits by 4.
Dark Shock – Cooltime Reduce (Level 189) Remove cooldown.
Twister Spin – Reinforce (Level 155) +20% Damage.
Twister Spin – Extra Target (Level 177) Attack +2 enemies.
Twister Spin – Cooltime Reduce (Level 195) -20% Cooldown.
Unification Aura (Level 150)
Increases Super Body duration of Dark Aura and Yellow Aura by 30 seconds and Blue Aura by 5 seconds, your maximum damage is increased by 50,000.
Battleking Bar (Level 170)
Attack 8 enemies 2 times with a large bar in front of you. 400% damage 5 times if use Finish Blow. The maximum damage for this skill is 3,000,000.
Will of Liberty (Level 200)
Increase you and your Resistance in your party’s damage by 10% and maximum damage by 50,000 for 60 seconds. There is a cooldown of 120 seconds.
Will of Alliance for Resistance
1. At level 10, complete all of the tutorial quests until you are level 14 with the earring.
2. At level 14, complete the airship quest (kill 80 airships get 10 chips)
3. At level 15, complete the quest where you transform into Surl (you need 10 red potions, 10 blue potions, and 3 acorns) and talk to the fat dude with the pockies.
4. (DOES NOT APPLY TO DEMON SLAYER) At level 18, complete the quest from the girl you helped in the very beginning. (she will give you a series of quests. first get 60 wooden signs, then 30 snake tails, and then kill the last monster in the training area)
5. At level 20, talk to Surl. Collect waters to fill up his tank.
6. At level 23, talk to Surl again. Enter the airplane area to find a bunch of red-hooded bunnies. Kill one and take its badge. Go back to Surl and accept his new quest.
7. FINALLY, talk to Claudine and finish the quest.
After this step, keep accepting quests from/talking to Claudine and one of her quests will eventually transport you to Ereve to get the Alliance Will skill. You will also have to talk to Lady Cygnus once you’re there in order to get the Alliance medal (gives a nice +500 hp/+500 mp)