DotA2 Undying (Dirge): How long has it been since he lost his name? The torn ruin of his mind no longer knows. Dimly he recalls armor and banners and grim-faced kin riding at his side. He remembers a battle: pain and fear as pale hands ripped him from his saddle. He remembers terror as they threw him into the yawning pit of the Dead God alongside his brothers, to hear the Dirge and be consumed into nothingness. In the darkness below, time left them. Thought left them. Sanity left them. Hunger, however, did not. They turned on each other with split fingernails and shattered teeth. Then it came: distant at first, a fragile note at the edge of perception, joined by another, then another, inescapable and unending. The chorus grew into a living wall of sound pulsing in his mind until no other thought survived. With the Dirge consuming him, he opened his arms to the Dead God and welcomed his obliteration. Yet destruction was not what he’d been chosen for. The Dead God demanded war. In the belly of the great nothing, he was granted a new purpose: to spread the Dirge across the land, to rally the sleepless dead against the living. He was to become the Undying, the herald of the Dead God, to rise and fall and rise again whenever his body failed him. To trudge on through death unending, that the Dirge might never end.
Faction: The Dire
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Melee
Role(s): Disabler, Initiator, Pusher, Durable
STR: 74.5 at 25 (22 + 2.1/level)
AGI: 30 at 25 (10 + 0.8/level)
INT: 89.5 at 25 (27 + 2.5/level)
Health: 1898 at 25
Mana: 1235 at 25
Damage: 57 – 65
Targetting Method: Target Area | Allowed Targets: Enemy Units
Dirge saps away the strength of enemy heroes and retains it for a period of time.
Strength Stolen: 4
Damage: 20 / 60 / 100 / 140
Mana Cost: 70 / 90 / 110 / 130
Cooldown Time: 10 / 8 / 6 / 4
- Illusions of Undying or affected enemies will not reflect the gained or lost strength. They’ll keep the original strength values of the heroes.
- Successive casts of Decay icon.png Decay fully stack on the targets and on Undying, but it can’t reduce a hero’s strength below 1.
- The strength steal takes place before the damage.
- Hit heroes lose 19 current and max health for every stolen strength point. So their health is reduced by 76 before the damage is applied.
- Heals Undying for 19 health per stolen strength. So the minimum heal is 76. When hitting all 5 enemies, it heals for 380.
- When multiple Meepo icon.png Meepo clones are in the area, only one of them (randomly chosen on each cast) gets his strength stolen. The damage hits all.
- Does not steal strength from illusions.
- Each status buff of Decay increases Undying’s model size by 2%. This has no impact on its collision size.
- Despite the visual effects, the stolen strength is gained instantly.
||Soul Rip (Active)
Targetting Method: Unit | Allowed Targets: Any Unit
Redirects the flow of living energy through a target friend or foe, damaging them or healing them based on how many units are near it.
Maximum Number of Units: 10 / 12 / 14 / 16
Amount Healed/Damaged: 8/22/26/30
Mana Cost: 50 / 75 / 100 / 125
Cooldown Time: 24 / 18 / 12 / 6
- Can be cast on own Tombstone icon.png Tombstone to heal it, but can’t heal or damage any other buildings. Can’t target enemy Tombstone icon.png Tombstones.
- Cannot be cast on Tombstone Zombies.
- The 1300 search radius is centered around Undying, not the target.
- Units within the area are selected randomly and have to pay 18/22/26/30 hp as part of the health cost. This hp loss is never lethal.
- Does not count Undying, the target, wards, buildings, siege creeps, spell immune enemies, invisible enemies and units in the Fog of War.
- Spell immune allies are counted, including the zombies from Tombstone icon.png Tombstone.
- If there aren’t any valid units within the search radius, nothing will happen, wasting the cooldown and mana.
- The damage or heal are summed up and the target receives them in once instance.
- Soul Rip icon.png Soul Rip can damage or heal for up to 180/264/364/480 health (before reductions).
- Can target spell immune allies. Spell immune allies are counted for the unit count, spell immune enemies are not.
- Partially blocked by Linken’s Sphere. Units counted towards damage still lose health.
Targetting Method: Point | Allowed Targets: None
Unholy powers summon a cursed tombstone. Zombies will frequently spawn near each enemy unit and attack them.
Range : 600
Radius: 400 / 600 / 800 / 1000
Duration: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds
Deathlust Threshold: 100 / 200 / 300 / 400
Duration : 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
Spawn Interval : 3
Hit points: 200 / 400 / 600 / 800
Mana Cost: 120 / 130 / 140 / 150
Cooldown Time: 60
- Can be healed by Soul Rip icon.png Soul Rip.
- Destroys trees within 300 radius around the tombstone upon cast.
- Zombies do not spawn for invisible units or units in the Fog of War.
- Zombies do not spawn for wards, buildings, couriers, hidden units and zombies from an enemy Tombstone icon.png Tombstone.
- Zombies are not controllable, they do nothing but attack their set target. However, they can be boosted by allied spells or auras.
- An exception here would be Howl icon.png Howl, which does not affect the Zombies.
- The first wave spawns immediately as the Tombstone icon.png Tombstone is summoned.
- When a Zombie’s target turns invisible, the associated Zombies die after 0.1 seconds.
- When a Zombie’s set target dies, the associated Zombies die instantly.
- When a Zombie’s set target runs into the Fog of War, the associated Zombies will still follow it.
- Zombies do not die when their set target was an illusion or a Meepo icon.png Meepo. They just stand around until the Tombstone icon.png Tombstone is gone.
- When the Tombstone icon.png Tombstone expires or is killed, all its Zombies instantly die.
||Flesh Golem (Active)
Targetting Method: Unit | Allowed Targets: None
Dirge’s hatred for all living beings allows him to transform into a monster. While transformed, he carries a plague that affects nearby enemy units. The plague amplifies damage the units receive and reduces movement speed. When a plagued unit dies, its essence is transferred back to Dirge. The closer units are, the stronger the plague becomes.
Damage Amplification: 20% / 25% / 30% (*25%/30%/35%)
Damage Amp Minimum: 1%
Amount Healed on Hero Death: 6% (*10%)
Amount Healed on Non-hero Death: 2% (*3%)
Min Move Speed Slow: 1%
Max Move Speed Slow: 20%
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown Time: 90
- Illusions get a new Flesh Golem buff, lasting for the full 30 seconds, regardless of how much is left on Undying himself.
- SCEPTER UPGRADE: Increases amount healed on plague death, damage amplification, and reduces the effects of distance.
- Flesh Golem interrupts Undying’s channeling spells upon cast.
- Undying is healed when an affected unit dies within the effect radius, regardless of who killed it.
- Dying illusions do not trigger the heal.
- Both, the damage amplification and the slow are strongest within 200 radius of Undying and decrease linearly the further away units get.
- Amplifies all 3 damage types.
- Plague Aura debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
Undying Skill Build Guide
- Decay (1)
- Soul Rip (1)
- Soul Rip (2)
- Tombstone (1)
- Tombstone (2)
- Flesh Golem (1)
- Tombstone (3)
- Tombstone (MAX)
- Soul Rip (3)
- Decay (2)
- Flesh Golem (2)
- Decay (3)
- Decay (MAX)
- Soul Rip (MAX)
- Stats (1)
- Flesh Golem (MAX)
- Stats (MAX)