Ramen is a Japanese noodle dish. It consists of Chinese-style wheat noodles served in a meat- or (occasionally) fish-based broth, often flavored with soy sauce or miso, and uses toppings such as sliced pork, dried seaweed, kamaboko, green onions, and occasionally corn. Miso is a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermenting rice, barley, and/or soybeans with salt and the fungus, the most typical miso being made with soy.
Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 1
1 package of Instant Ramen Noodles, Miso
2~3 Thin Pork Belly Slices
1 Large Garlic Clove, Chopped
80g Cabbage (2.8 oz)
70g Moyashi Bean Sprouts (2.5 oz)
¼ tsp Doubanjiang – Chili Bean Paste
½ tsp Miso
½ tsp Soy Sauce
½ tsp Oyster Sauce
400ml Hot Water
3 tbsp Corn, Canned
3 tbsp Spring Onion Leaves, Chopped
1. Slice cabbage leaves into half-inch stripes.
2. Crush garlic, remove core and chop into fine-pieces.
3. Cut pork belly into 4-6 equal pieces.
4. Heat sesame oil in pan. Arrange pork slices into it. Flip it when side turns white.
5. Add chopped garlic and sesame oil when pork belly turns white.
6. Saute mixture. Turn off burner.
7. Add chill bean paste, miso, soy sauce, oyster sauce into mixture.
8. Turn on burner. Coat pork slices with the sauce.
9. Add cabbage leaves. Saute until soften.
10. Add bean sprouts. Saute until vegetables are seasoned evenly.
11. Drop instant noodle into a large pan of boiling water.
12. Add hot water into pan. Add soup-base package included with the noodle.
13. Dissolve evenly. Turn off burner.
14. Lightly stir instant noodle with chopstick to loosen it.
15. Strain noodle with a mesh strainer. Remove excess water thoroughly.
16. Place noodle into a bowl. Pour broth over it. Loosen up noodles with chopstick.
17. Place vegetable and meat over noodle.
18. Garnish noodle with corn and spring onion leaves.
1. Cooking time depends on the type of noodle, so adjust timing accordingly.
2. You can use carrot, onions, Bok Choy or ground meat for this recipe.
Quick Search: Noodle