Table of Contents
- Acts 5 and 6
- New Boss: Lotus
- Absolute Labs Equipment and Coin Shop
- Repeatable Black Heaven Story
- Star Planet: Star Step
- [Better Maple] Party Quest EXP Improvement
- [Better Maple] Channel Additions
- Bug Fixes
- 2x EXP & Drop Weekends
- Golden Dream Pig
- Earth Day Attendance Check
- AbsoLab Coin Event
- White Heaven
That’s not all, Maplers! More upcoming events will be announced on April 30, so stay tuned!
Requirements: Lv. 33 and above, but the content has stories best suited to players Lv. 120 and above. Must have completed all previous acts of Black Heaven.
- Black Heaven: Final Chapter is here, and continues the story of an epic struggle between the Maple Alliance and the Black Wings, and features Orchid and Lotus, delving into their previously unknown story.
- The content is split up into multiple acts, which are unlocked as you progress through them.
- Acts 5 and 6 are available now.
- This content is best viewed at resolution of 1024×768 or better.
- This content features solo instanced gameplay, and you cannot enter in a party.
- To begin the Black Heaven content, accept the quest ‘[Black Heaven] For Maple World’ from the Black Heaven notifier on the left side of the game window to move to the Conference Room of the Maple Alliance.
- You can also access the content from the Dimensional Mirror in major towns. Use the Ereve Conference Room option.
- Click on the Black Heaven icon above NPC Moco’s head to access the Black Heaven map and click on the corresponding act to begin.
- In Act 5, you’ll need to solve various puzzles involving special platforms, a maze, and circuits.
- In Act 6, you’ll have a showdown with Lotus and finally the evil mastermind of the Black Heaven, Gelimer.
- When you want to leave, talk to NPC Moco, who will also remember your place so you can go back there when you resume playing.
- Maple World Savior: Medal, REQ LV: 120, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +7, Max HP/MP +475, Weapon/Magic ATT +3, Weapon/Magic DEF +175
- Honor EXP
- Your choice of an Athena Pierce’s Support Mount. These last for 30 days.
Requirements: Lv. 190 and above. Must have completed all acts of Black Heaven.
- 1 entry per day
- No more entries per week if you defeat him
- After completing all acts of the Black Heaven story, characters Lv. 190 and above will be able to take on a hard mode Lotus.
- You’ll be able to access the fight using the boss matchmaking list (Default: T key).
- The battle against Lotus has three stages.
- The hard mode of the Lotus battle is one of the most difficult boss fights released in MapleStory, so be prepared!
- Collect AbsoLab Coins from the AbsoLab Coin Event to purchase the new Absolute Labs set equipment. You’ll have new, regular ways of collecting AbsoLab Coins this summer.
- NPC Three-Hands runs the AbsoLab Coin Shop. You can find her in the lobby for the hard mode of Lotus.
- Each job type – Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, and Pirate – has its own Absolute Labs equipment set.
- You must be at least Lv. 160 to equip these items.
- Trade for these items is disabled when they’re equipped. After equipping an item, you can use Platinum Scissors of Karma to trade it once.
- These items can be enhanced up to 15 stars.
- The Absolute Labs Core Suits and Hats will be released in a future update.
Absolute Labs Set Bonuses
- 2 items: STR/DEX/INT/LUK +30
- 3 items: Weapon/Magic ATT +30, Ignore enemy defense +10%
- 4 items: Max HP/MP +20%, Weapon/Magic DEF +200
- 5 items: Weapon/Magic ATT +40, Damage to bosses +30%
- 6 items: Weapon/Magic ATT +50, Ignore enemy defense +10%
Some of the set items share similar stats based on their equipment slot:
- Absolute Labs Core Capes: STR/DEX/INT/LUK +15, Weapon/Magic ATT +2, Weapon/Magic DEF +250, 7 upgrade slots without hammers
- Absolute Labs Core Shoes: Required primary stat: 480 (except for Pirates), Primary and secondary stat +20, Weapon ATT +5 (Magic ATT +5 for the Magician shoes), Weapon/Magic DEF +150, Speed +10, Jump +7, 7 upgrade slots without hammers
- Absolute Labs Core Gloves: Required primary stat: 480 (except for Pirates), Primary and secondary stat +20, Weapon ATT +5 (Magic ATT +5 for the Magician gloves), Weapon/Magic DEF +150, 7 upgrade slots without hammers
- Common stats: Required primary stat: 480 (except for Xenon), Primary and secondary stat +60 (except for the Demon Avenger and Xenon; see below), Damage to bosses +30%, Ignore enemy defense +10%, Accuracy +140, 8 upgrade slots without hammers
- Absolute Labs Mana Cradle: Luminous only, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +143, Magic ATT +241
- Absolute Labs Soul Shooter: Angelic Buster only, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +154
- Absolute Labs Death Bringer: Demon Avenger only, Speed: Normal, STR +60, Max HP +2250, Weapon ATT +205
- Absolute Labs Split Edge: Xenon only, STR/DEX +60, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +154
- Absolute Labs Mistilteinn: One-handed sword, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +197
- Absolute Labs Twin Cleaver: One-handed axe, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +197
- Absolute Labs Guardian Hammer: One-handed blunt weapon, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +197
- Absolute Labs Damascus: Dagger, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +192
- Absolute Labs Claire Ciel: Cane, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +197
- Absolute Labs Mana Taker: Wand, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +143, Magic ATT +241
- Absolute Labs Mana Crown: Staff, Speed: Slow, Weapon ATT +151, Magic ATT +245
- Absolute Labs Penitent Tears: Two-handed sword, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +205
- Absolute Labs Battle Cleaver: Two-handed axe, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +205
- Absolute Labs Lightning Striker: Two-handed blunt weapon, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +205
- Absolute Labs Brionak: Spear, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +205
- Absolute Labs Moon Glaive: Polearm, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +205
- Absolute Labs Wind Chaser: Bow, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +192, Speed +12, Enemy knock-back rate: 75%
- Absolute Labs Windwing Shooter: Crossbow, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +197, Speed +15, Enemy knock-back rate: 68%
- Absolute Labs Risk Holder: Claw, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +103
- Absolute Labs Perry Talon: Knuckle, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +154
- Absolute Labs Zeliska: Gun, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +150
- Absolute Labs Dual Windwing: Dual bowguns, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +192, Speed +15
- Absolute Labs Lost Cannon: Hand cannon, Speed: Slow, Weapon ATT +160, Weapon DEF +160
- Absolute Labs Katana: Hayato only, Speed: Fast, Weapon ATT +197
- Absolute Labs Summoner: Kanna only, Speed: Slow, Weapon ATT +143, Magic ATT +241
- Absolute Labs Scepter: Beast Tamer only, Speed: Normal, Weapon ATT +143, Magic ATT +241
- Absolute Labs Lucky Item Scroll: Adds a Zero weapon to the Absolute Labs warrior set. Success Rate: 50%
Other – no set bonus
- Absolute Labs Rapid Edge: Katara (Dual Blades only), Speed: Faster, LUK +40, Weapon ATT +97, 8 upgrade slots without hammers
Requirements: Lv. 33 and above, but the content has stories best suited to players Lv. 120 and above. Must have completed all Black Heaven acts.
- If you’ve played through all of the Black Heaven acts, you’ll be able to reset your Black Heaven progression if you’d like to play through the story again.
- Your Black Heaven completion can only be reset once per week.
- You will not receive special equipment such as the Maple World Savior medal again when playing through the Black Heaven acts more than once.
- Remember, you must have all Black Heaven acts currently completed in order to challenge the hard mode of Lotus. If you reset your progression to play through the story again, you’ll need to complete all of the acts in order to participate in this boss fight.
[Updated 4/22] An issue with Star Arena and the mini-games has been resolved, and this content is now available.
Requirement: Lv. 33 and above.
- A new game has been added to Star Planet called Star Step.
- Talk to NPC Furball in the Star Arena to access Star Arena Floor 3.
- On Star Arena Floor 3, talk to NPC Steppie to play the Star Step game!
- Star Step can be played with 2-5 players.
- Increase your Step by inputting the onscreen button prompts.
- The higher your Step count, the harder the Steps will be.
- Star Points and Reward Points will be awarded based on your ranking against your opponents.
At players’ request, we’ve looked into the balance of EXP earned from solo play and from party quests. Since solo grinding was found to be generally faster at most levels, we’ve increased the EXP by 20% when completing in the following Party Quests:
- Lord Pirate
- Dragon Rider
- The Ice Knight’s Curse
- Kenta in Danger
- First Time Together
- Dimensional Schism
- Moon Bunny’s Rice Cake
- Remnant of the Goddess
- Forest of Poison Haze
- Romeo and Juliet
- Resurrection of the Hoblin King
- We’ve added channels to Dimension Invasion and the Evolution System to alleviate the lag many of you experience there when numerous other players in your world are using these areas.
- In the Evolution System, you’ll need to complete the introductory quests to access this option.
- The Demon Mors pet obtained from the returning player event can now equip the Ghost of Death.
- The Big Ribbon Yellow Dress can now be placed in the cash inventory.
- The tooltip for the Commerci trading post will now display correctly.
- The Singles Life and Red Lantern chairs will now correctly appear when used.
- The description for damage skin items will no longer list Zero as a restriction.
- The Wild Hunter skills Double Jump and Graviboots now work correctly on a gamepad.
- Gliding-type moves now work correctly on a gamepad.
- Skills that add extra line(s) of damage will now work correctly after a character dies while a Gollux Potion buff is in effect.
- Corsair and Cannoneer jobs can now obtain the Power of the Spirit Lightning quest.
- Tot’s Trial Bottom has been lowered to Lv. 10.
- Held attack skills animation will no longer appear for other players when they have stopped.
- An empty map frame will no longer appear when entering the Labyrinth in Tynerum.
April 25 – May 31 every weekend
- 12 AM – 4 AM Pacific
- 2 PM – 6 PM Pacific
During the event periods you will receive 2x the EXP and Drops.
- April 25 – April 26
- May 2 – May 3
- May 9 – May 10
- May 16 – May 17
- May 23 – May 25
- May 30 – May 31
April 22 – May 5
Requirement: Lv. 13 and above
- Golden Pigs will appear once every hour in a variety of areas. They will drop a Golden Pig’s Dream Box when you defeat them.
- Golden Pigs will only drop the box when hunting in areas around your character’s level range. For example, a Lv. 200 cannot get the box when hunting pigs in Victoria Island.
- You can find Golden Pigs in the following areas:
- Victoria Island: Golem’s Temple, Sleepywood
- Edelstein: Verne Mine
- Nihal Desert: Sahel, Magatia labs
- Mu Lung Garden: Mu Lung, Red-Nose Pirate Den
- Minar Forest: Kentaurus domains, Dragon Forest
- Temple of Time: Road of Regrets, Memory Lane, Road to Oblivion
Rewards: The Golden Pig’s Dream Box will randomly give you an item such as:
- Advanced Equipment Enhancement Scroll
- Special Potential Scroll
- Golden Pig Dream Belt: Req Lvl: 30, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +2, Max HP/MP +250, Weapon/Magic DEF +30, 5 upgrade slots with no hammers applied, untradeable (tradeable within your account if you use a Sharing Tag), Potential can’t be applied to this item
- A variety of scrolls for the Golden Pig Dream Belt
- Melting Cheese
April 22 – May 6
Requirement: Lv. 33 and above
Earth Day – an annual, worldwide event for responsible environmental protection and stewardship – is on April 22, and to help all of you show off the spirit of the event Maple style, you’ll be able to earn the new Earth Day Damage Skin and a Maple World Chair. Check out the info about these and more rewards below, along with how to get them.
How to Participate
- Click the event notifier on the left side of the game window, and select the quest ‘[Earth Day] Greetings…From Earth!’ to begin the attendance event.
- You can check the participation and progress using the attendance notifier.
- Defeat monsters within your level range and collect enough Trash to receive an Attendance Stamp. Some monsters do not apply.
- Click “Complete” to receive the day’s reward.
- Day 1 – Power Elixir (20): Untradeable
- Day 3 – 2x EXP Coupon: Receive 2x EXP for 1 hour. Expires after 7 days if it isn’t used. Untradeable.
- Day 5 – Spell Trace (100)
- Day 7 – Special Medal of Honor: Untradeable
- Day 9 – Gold Potential Stamp: Untradeable, 7 day duration
- Day 11 – Special Potential Scroll 60%: 7 day duration
- Day 13 – Earth Day Damage Skin: Movement is possible only within the account.
- Day 14 – Maple World Chair: Untradeable
April 22 – May 13
You can get coins to purchase the new Absolute Labs equipment! Don’t worry if you aren’t able to get enough coins to make all the purchases you want: you’ll be able to get AbsoLab Coins on a regular basis starting this summer.
Requirement: Lv. 190 and above
- Accept the quest ‘[AbsoLab] Coin Press’ and ‘[AbsoLab] Fragment Hunt’ from the star event notifier on the left side of the game window to begin the event.
- Each quest can only be completed once a day.
[AbsoLab] Fragment Hunt
- Defeat the Black Heaven Core to obtain an AbsoLab Fragment.
[AbsoLab] Coin Press
- Collect 6 AbsoLab Fragments to obtain 1 AbsoLab Coin.
- Use the AbsoLab Coins to purchase Absolute Labs equipment from NPC Three-Hands in the Black Heaven Core Entrance.
- All 6 acts of Black Heaven must be completed to access Black Heaven Core Entrance.
- The Black Heaven Core Entrance can be accessed by using the boss matchmaking list.
April 22 – May 19
Requirement: Lv. 33 and above
- You fought against Black Heaven, but now there’s a new threat in Maple World—White Heaven!
- Join Kayla the Fairy as you uncover the mystery behind this mysterious ship.
- There will certainly be surprises along the way!
- To begin, click the event notifier on the left side of the game window, and select the quest ‘[White Heaven] Another One?!’
- If you lose your way, you can always return to White Heaven by finding the quest ‘[White Heaven] Infiltrate’ from the event notifier on the left side of the game window,
- Complete all the main event quests and the daily record playing quests to receive a damage skin, chair and a special ring with an effect!
- Once the main event quests are completed, a daily quest can be completed to receive a buff.
- Rewards for completing the main event quests and the daily record playing quests are:
- White Heaven Chair: Untradeable
- Choose one:
- Common stats: Untradeable. STR/INT/DEX/LUK +6, Max HP/Max MP +50, Weapon Attack/Magic Attack +1, Weapon Def/Magic Def +100.
- White Heaven Ring (Sun): Summons a Sun effect.
- White Heaven Ring (Rain): Summons a Rain effect.
- White Heaven Ring (Rainbow): Summons a Rainbow effect.
- White Heaven Ring (Snow): Summons a Snow effect.
- White Heaven Ring (Lightning): Summons a Lightning effect.
- White Heaven Ring (Wind): Summons a Wind effect.
- Choose one:
- White Heaven Sun Damage Skin: Movement is possible only within the account.
- White Heaven Rain Damage Skin: Movement is possible only within the account.
- White Heaven Rainbow Damage Skin: Movement is possible only within the account.
- White Heaven Snow Damage Skin: Movement is possible only within the account.
- White Heaven Lightning Damage Skin: Movement is possible only within the account.
- White Heaven Wind Damage Skin: Movement is possible only within the account.
- Once the main event quests are completed, a daily quest can be completed to gain the following:
- Weather Energy’s Power: Weapon Attack/Magic Attack +20, Stacks with other buffs. Buff duration 30 minutes.
That’s not all, Maplers! More upcoming events will be announced on April 30, so stay tuned!