MapleStory RED (Revolution, Evolution, Delight) is an update following Cygnus Returns. It is unveiled in MapleStory 1st Festival at COEX on May 19, 2013.
MapleStory RED (Part 1) – 1st Impact
- All Explorers are completely overhauled, and given its own storyline.
- Explorers no longer require skill books or mastery books
- Cannoneers and Dual Blades are now considered normal Explorers, and Phantoms are now able to steal their skills.
- Free Advancement System: Allows Explorers to switch jobs within their class.
- Profession Revamp. Can now create scrolls, new Cubes, Flame of Reincarnation and new Level 145 Meister Weapons
- Maple Mileage System
Free Advancement System
- Requires one to be at 4th job.
- Requires one to pay a certain amount of Coins or Mesos. If one has enough Coins, it is used instead.
- One can only change jobs once a day.
- One can only change jobs in their specific class (i.e. Warrior Paladin can switch to Dark Knight but Paladin cannot switch to Thief Dual Blade). All Skill Points are reset upon switching.
- Ability Points will switch when a job uses a different Stat (i.e. Buccaneer, whose primary stat is Strength, will switch to Dexterity upon changing to Corsair or Cannoneer).
- A Link Skill is obtained if the target job has a Link Skill. However, when switched back, the Link Skill is lost (i.e. switching to Cannoneer provides its Link Skill but switching to Buccaneer or Corsair results losing said Link Skill).
- After switching jobs, a Level 100 weapon box for that class is received.
MapleStory RED (Part 2) – Child of God
- New Feature: Auction House
- New Class: Zero
- New Area: Mirror World (Shadow Temple)
- Customizable training area
- Premium Hunting
MapleStory RED (Part 3) – Critias
- New Area: Critias
- New Major Boss: Hecaton (1 vs 100)
- New PvP Mode: Boss Monsters
- Real time PvE system, Commander’s Invasion
- Bamon’s League
- MapleStory can be linked with mobile devices.