Halloween Pumpkin Potage is a nutritious thick soup which helps maintain your beauty and health. It’s sweet, creamy and delicious. Its suitable for children and elderly people, an all time favorite dish, perfect for Halloween too!
Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 3
Ingredients for Halloween Pumpkin Potage (800ml/3.38 cup)
400g Kabocha Squash w/o seeds or skin (14.1 oz) (also called Japanese Pumpkin)
1 tbsp Butter
80g Onion (2.82 oz)
200ml Chicken Bouillon (6.76 fl oz) = 200ml Water (6.76 fl oz) + 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
200ml Milk (6.76 fl oz)
2~3 tbsp Whipping Cream
A sprinkle of Salt & Pepper
A few Crackers
1. Scrape out pumpkin seeds with spoon and remove skin with knife and peeler.
2. Cut pumpkin into half-inch cubes.
3. Slice onion across grain into thin slices.
4. Coat heated pot with butter thoroughly.
5. Saute onion on medium heat until lightly brown.
6. Drop in pumpkin blocks and saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add water and crumbled Chicken Bouillon into pot. Distribute evenly with paddle.
8. Bring to a boil on high heat. Skim off foam with mesh strainer to reduce bitterness.
9. Reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
10. Turn off burner when pumpkin is soft enough to mesh.
11. Add milk into pot.
12. Mesh pumpkin until soft and creamy with hand blender.
13. Heat potage over medium heat while occasionally stirring.
14. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Lightly mix with paddle. Turn off burner.
15. Ladle pumpkin pottage into bowl. Wipe off drips with kitchen cloth.
16. Finally, top it with crumbled cracker.
1. If pumpkin skin is difficult to remove, microwave pumpkin a minute at a time until soft to peel.
2. Remove remaining skin with a peeler to help make potage have a beautiful orange color.
3. You can use paddle or hand mixer to mesh it through a fine strainer to substitute hand blender.