DotA2 Chen (Holy Knight): Born in the godless Hazhadal Barrens, Chen came of age among the outlaw tribes who eked out an existence in the shimmering heat of the desert. Using an ancient form of animal enthrallment, Chen’s people husbanded the hardy desert locuthi, a stunted species of burrowing dragon that melted desert sands into tubes of glass where twice-a-year rains collected. Always on the edge of starvation and thirst, fighting amongst their neighbors and each other, Chen’s clan made the mistake, one fateful day, of ambushing the wrong caravan. In the vicious battle that followed, Chen’s clan was outmatched. The armored Knights of the Fold made short work of the enthralled locuthi, who attacked and died in waves. With their dragons dead, the tribesmen followed. Chen struggled, and slashed, and clawed, and perished–or would have. Defeated, on his knees, he faced his execution with humility, offering his neck to the blade. Moved by Chen’s obvious courage, the executioner halted his sword. Instead of the blade, Chen was given a choice: death or conversion. Chen took to the faith with a ferocity. He joined the Fold and earned his armor one bloody conversion at a time. Now, with the fanaticism of a convert, and with his powers of animal enthrallment at their peak, he seeks out unbelievers and introduces them to their final reward.
Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Attack Type: Ranged
Role(s): Jungler, Pusher, Support
STR: 57.5 at 25 (20 + 1.5/level)
AGI: 67.5 at 25 (15 + 2.1/level)
INT: 91 at 25 (21 + 2.8/level)
Health: 1594 at 25
Mana: 1404 at 25
Damage: 48 – 53
Targetting Method: Unit | Allowed Targets: Enemy Unit
Forces an enemy unit to move slower and take more damage from attacks and spells.
| Range: 800|
Duration: 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
Slow: 14% / 18% / 22% / 26%
Bonus Damage: 14% / 18% / 22% / 26%
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown Time: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11
|Test of Faith (Active)|
Targetting Method: Unit | Allowed Targets: Enemy Units
Deals random damage to test an enemy unit’s faith.
| Range: 600|
Damage Min: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200
Damage Max: 100 / 200 / 300 / 400
Mana Cost: 175
Cooldown Time: 24
|Test of Faith Teleport (Active)|
Targetting Method: Unit | Allowed Targets: Allied heroes and persuaded creeps
Teleports a friendly unit back to the base. Creeps are teleported instantly, Heroes have a delay before teleporting.
| Hero Teleport Delay: 6 / 5 / 4 / 3|
Mana Cost: 200
Cooldown Time: 24
|Holy Persuasion (Active)|
Targetting Method: Unit | Allowed Targets: Creeps
Gives control of an enemy or neutral creep, and gives it bonus hit points.
| Range: 900|
Max Units: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Health Bonus: 75 / 150 / 225 / 300
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown Time: 30 / 26 / 22 / 18
|Hand of God (Active)|
Targetting Method: None | Allowed Targets: Allied Heroes
Fully regenerates any creeps under Chen’s control and heals all allied heroes on the map.
| Heal: 200 / 300 / 400|
Mana Cost: 200 / 300 / 400
Cooldown Time: 160 / 140 / 120 (30*)
Chen Skill Build Guide
- Holy Persuasion (1)
- Test of Faith (1)
- Holy Persuasion (2)
- Test of Faith (2)
- Holy Persuasion (3)
- Hand of God (1)
- Holy Persuasion (MAX)
- Test of Faith (3)
- Test of Faith (MAX)
- Penitence (1)
- Hand of God (2)
- Penitence (2)
- Penitence (3)
- Penitence (MAX)
- Stats (1)
- Hand of God (MAX)
- Stats (MAX)
Chen’s Pros and Cons
+ One of the best if not the best support in DotA2.
+ Strong pusher with creeps.
+ Can jungle with no items.
+ Fast Mekansm or Arcane Boots
+ Can save teammates with Holy Persuasion.
+ 28% damage increase with Penitence.
+ Can control up to 3 creeps.
+ Aura’s (if you have creeps that have them)
+ People will love u when u save them.
– Hard to learn.
– Hard to micro all the creeps.
– Usually first to be focused.
– Relatively squishy.
Jungle creeps for Chen using Holy Persuasion
- Centaur Khan: War stomp: 2 seconds stun. Swiftness aura: increases your attack speed by 15%.
- Dark Troll warlord: Ensnare: 1.5 second disable. Raise Dead: Raises 2 skeleton warriors out of a nearby corpse. very good for pushing.
- Ursa Warrior: Thunder Clap: Has a 20% move/attack speed slow and also does 150 damage in an AOE.
- Satyr Hellcaller: Shockwave: 100 damage nuke. Unholy aura: 3hp/s regeneration aura.
- Alpha Wolf: Packleader’s Aura: 30% bonus increase in damage. Very good in the late game.
- Enraged Wildkin: Toughness Aura: give a +3 Armour around him
- Tornado: Channeled Tornado which does damage and slows nearby enemies.
- Ogre Magi: Ice Armor: Armor Bonus +8, when attack slows move speed by 30% and attack speed by 20%.
- Tips: The Centaur and Ursa warrior are the best creeps for level 1-2 ganks because there damage is so high. Also the satyr is very good because it has a 100 damage nuke which is very easy to land if you can aim. For team fights and late game you would want at least an Alpha wolf in you army because 30% increase in damage is huge. The Ogre magi is also very good if you don’t have a Lich on your team because he has a similar buff, cast it on your whole team and be happy with team-fights.