Recipe Name: Annin Tofu (Almond Pudding) Recipe 杏仁豆腐 レシピ 作り方
Recipe by: CookingWithDog
Time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 4
300ml Milk (10.1 fl oz)
100ml Water (3.4 fl oz)
40g Sugar (1.4 oz)
1½ tbsp Chinese Almond Powder (apricot kernel powder) *not to confuse with almond powder*
2 tbsp Water
5g Gelatin Powder (0.2 oz)
20g Sugar (0.7 oz)
80ml Hot Water (2.7 fl oz)
Substitute: Strawberry or Goji Berries
- Add hot water into sugar. Stir to dissolve.
- Add gelatin powder into water. Stir to mix. *Prep for Step 6*
- Combine sugar, Chinese almond powder and water in a bowl.
- Heat mixture in pot and continue stirring.
- Relocate pot to a trivet when small bubbles begin to form around edge of pot.
- Thoroughly mix to completely dissolve almond powder to create smooth silky texture.
- Add re-hydrated gelatin into mixture. Stir to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Add milk into mixture. Stir to mix.
- Distribute mixture into cups.
- Chill Annin Tofu in fridge for over 2 hours to firm up.
- Garnished Annin Tofu with kiwi and oranges or preferred seasonal fruits.
- Pour spoonful of syrup on garnish before serving.
- Avoid over-heating mixture as it may prevents gelatin from not firming up well.
- The almond powder is a mixture of powdered apricot kernels and other ingredients so don’t confuse it with regular almonds.
Quick Search: Dessert